PCV maps to share with the collective! - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 94 Old 03-18-2015, 09:09 PM
Stromthusiast!

PCV Maps Part 2

More maps....
Attached Files
File Type: txt Cheff's OMG custom dyno map.txt (1.1 KB, 125 views)
File Type: txt criscokid 7-9-07.txt (1.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: txt criscokid 7-18-07.txt (1.1 KB, 58 views)
File Type: txt CriscoSummer.txt (936 Bytes, 57 views)
File Type: txt Jett.txt (1.1 KB, 66 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 94 Old 03-18-2015, 09:14 PM
Stromthusiast!

PCV Maps Part 3

I bought an 09 last year that came with Akras, PCV, and 6500 miles on it...this was the map installed at the time. My bro bought a brand new 12 last year and a brand new PCV from FuelMoto. It came with this exact same map on it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Fuelmoto for 09 1k.txt (2.3 KB, 90 views)
post #13 of 94 Old 03-30-2015, 10:44 PM
Stromthusiast!

Moto mummy has the pcv on sale right now for $259 and free shipping so I might have to bite the bullet

I've heard the stock maps aren't great but I don't know that I want to pay an extra $40-50 to buy it from fuel moto.

Any feedback?

Thanks

DL1000K7

post #14 of 94 Old 03-30-2015, 11:10 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconx84 View Post
Moto mummy has the pcv on sale right now for $259 and free shipping so I might have to bite the bullet

I've heard the stock maps aren't great but I don't know that I want to pay an extra $40-50 to buy it from fuel moto.

Any feedback?

Thanks
The stock Dynojet DL1000 map didn't fit very well with my stock configuration at all. Not good mpg's at all, however I stuck on a set of lighter and louder mufflers (Delkevics), and loaded the Dynojet map for 2 Bros and the bike is great.
I attached a map for you that works very well. Change the extension to a .pvm to make it valid. (I had to change it to be able to attach it).
Attached Files
File Type: doc CHEFF OMG.doc (1.1 KB, 117 views)

2009 DL1K
2015 Street Glide Special
2011 Road King 106" SOLD
post #15 of 94 Old 03-31-2015, 06:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

I'm thinking about a PCV soon.
I'm gonna need a map.
I haven't checked what SVRacing is selling them for. Are their maps
Any good? Worth paying more for ?
post #16 of 94 Old 03-31-2015, 10:30 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMHOSS View Post
I'm thinking about a PCV soon.
I'm gonna need a map.
I haven't checked what SVRacing is selling them for. Are their maps
Any good? Worth paying more for ?
I wouldn't pay for one, (a map) & I recently got my Commander from MotoMummy, best deal at the time. Fuelmoto helps you out with Harely maps when you buy the PowerVision off them so I would assume they treat non-Harley purchasers the same with the PCV's, (just guessing).

2009 DL1K
2015 Street Glide Special
2011 Road King 106" SOLD
post #17 of 94 Old 05-05-2015, 09:15 AM

I have a 2012 DL 1000 all stock, and am evaluating what PCV maps are available. Question: Can I run maps from older bikes on my 2012 without doing damage, and can I expect to see any benefits, or is it a no no?
post #18 of 94 Old 05-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Stromthusiast!

Do you already have a PCV or PCFC?

The reason I ask is that there is a service letter for the 2012's (can be found here somewhere) that if the customer complains about running issues, they will replace the ecu with an updated one and also replace the plugs with iridium plugs. Supposedly this will fix driveability issues for most people on a '12.

Beyond that, you can easily run a map from an '06 and up without much fuss. You will find that the majority of the maps are super rich and will drop your around town mileage to about 33ish mpg. The exhaust will smell of partially burnt fuel as well.

I have an '09 which is pretty much identical to a '12 with exception of a few cosmetics. I bought it used with 6500 miles on it and the PO had installed Akra pipes and a PCV. After some research, I found the map that came installed was a Fuel Moto map. It was way too rich for my particular bike. With no PCV installed, mine runs great except it has a lean stumble below 4000 rpm and a bit of a lean miss at any steady rpm 4000 and under. I've toyed with a lot of maps and ultimately all of them were way too rich. So I've been working with my own map. It's basically a zero map from 4250 rpm and up. It runs pretty decent, pulls strong, and still yields about 36mpg around town for me. I have a dual map switch setup so I have been able to compare my map to many others. Thus far I have found that above 4250 rpm, I can't tell the difference between my map (again, zeros at this rpm range) and ANY other map. Below 4250, at most RPMs my map pulls a little better than ANY of the others I've tried. They all seem to be so rich in that range that throttle response seems sluggish until it gets to 4000. I will post it up when I'm sure I'm happy with it.

As a side thought to that, I purchased mine used and it wasn't stock. The PO may have had a Yoshi box put to it or they may have had Suzuki do something to it. I have no way of knowing.
post #19 of 94 Old 05-06-2015, 09:17 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I have a PCV. Would look forward to getting a copy of your map when you are happy with it!
post #20 of 94 Old 05-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Stromthusiast!

Ok. I'm relatively happy with this one. Like I said previously, I bought my 09 used with low miles, a pcv, and an akra exhaust installed. I bought it from a dealer, so I have no way of knowing if the PO ever hit the ecu with a yoshi box or anything of the like. Every map I have tried has been stupid rich up through about 4500 rpm at all throttle settings. Some so much so that it bogs if I hit the throttle too hard. I have it set just high enough to get rid of any stumble or miss and to pull cleanly from 3000 up in higher gears on my machine, but may not come anywhere near that on someone else's bike.

It is a composite of a few other maps and then leaned appropriately for my own use. It is not leaner than stock for the most part, just leaner than most of the other maps posted. Just like the others, save to your computer and rename with .pvm file extension to make it work.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Jody Lean.txt (1.1 KB, 70 views)

Last edited by jcstratt; 05-27-2015 at 09:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode