StromTrooper banner

New Owner

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Paddle 
#1 ·
Hey ya'll - finally joined the club. Here's a shot of it on the way home in the back of the truck:

[/URL][/IMG]

Looks like it's spent some of it's life being stored outdoors, how do you get the pivot bolts out of the levers? I see that there's a nut on the bottom, but there's a phillips head on top; does this just drive straight out, or is the perch threaded as well? Thanks!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
congrats on the new to you Vee! Welcome to the troopers!.

As for the levers, in my experience the perch is threaded. Remove the nut then back out the screw!

Hope that helps

Cheers

Nemi

#3 ·
Thanks! Got it out. What a booger though....the phillips head kept riding out, and there wasn't enough reveal on the bolt underneath to get a wrench on it. The whole reason to take it off was to get the handguard off (cracked), so I just cut that off with an exacto. Next up, new battery!

#4 ·
You are most welcome!

If I recall the only way I was able to get a hold of the bottem nut was with a 1/4 in drive socket. I installed a set of hand guards on my wifes 650 last christmas. Wasn't too bad as it came with new hardware and the old came out easy enough.

You got any up front plans for the Vee? Be sure to post up more pictures of it out of the truck.

Cheers friend

Nemi

#5 ·
:thumbup::hurray:

#6 ·
Congratulations. I'm going to go look at one tomorrow...hopefully it finds its way home with me...

#7 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Unfortunately, only plans for it are as a commuter. A role the VFR played well, if not being completed suited for the role. Kind of like winning a date with Kate Upton then having her come over and clean the house.......Smashed my phone yesterday, so once I get a new one (who would've figured that actual cameras would've gone extinct....) I'll get some pics up. Next step is to get a new battery, tabs and the title transferred. Hoping to ride it to work by Friday...fingers crossed.

BTW, anyone want to buy a sweet sounding V4 with 120K miles and a salvage title? :biggrinjester:

#11 ·
The best commuter on the road in my opinion but it wll be nice to travel on as well.Nice set of bags and trunk and you are ready for an adventure !

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hey ya'll - finally joined the club. Here's a shot of it on the way home in the back of the truck:

[/URL][/IMG]

Looks like it's spent some of it's life being stored outdoors, how do you get the pivot bolts out of the levers? I see that there's a nut on the bottom, but there's a phillips head on top; does this just drive straight out, or is the perch threaded as well? Thanks!!!
Welcome and congrads on the new bike looks nice ! The Philips screw head removes the hand guard then you remove the lever pivot nut and bolt check under the seat for the owners manual you will need it.

#12 ·
Actually it came with a full set of the Suzuki(?) cases. Look for them in the "for sale" section soon. With two kids, my trips only last as long as what i can stuff in a rucksack.

Any idea on where to get a digital copy of an owners manual, the tool kit is still under the seat, along with a PC, but nothing else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.