PCIII Maps for DL1000 - Page 48 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #471 of 476 Old 04-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

Just wanted to follow up on my last post. The map that my bike came with was causing it to run rich and idle high and gave me about 30mpg on my first tank. I re-mapped using Exleper's map since we have very similar set ups. I took a trip down to San Diego this weekend and average 38/39mpg on the way there. Huge improvement! My mileage coming back up looks about the same, or maybe even a little bit better - haven't killed the full tank yet. Anyway, this is great map, so thanks!

In other news, the guy that I bought my bike from showed me receipts from Jett Tuning and explained that this bike had a custom map created there a few years ago. He explained that "every bike is different" and that a custom map is really nice to have. He is supposed to get the map from his son who has it on his laptop and send it to me. We've been texting back and forth and I'm excited to receive the map and see how it holds up compared to Exleper's. It will be especially interesting b/c the maps were both created at the same place (Jett Tuning in Ventura), and we both have 2005 DL1000's with two bro's exhaust and k&n filters!
TheTXStang likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 476 Old 05-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheff View Post
OH MY GOD AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! The bike is so smooth at all RPMs, it pulls hard with out the usual thumpin from below 2k rmp. I had trouble keeping my speed down because the engine is running so smooth.
Stock Dl1000 with K&N filter.
HP 88.08
Torque 61.80
Thanks Cheff, I installed this today. First time I installed anything as far as maps go. I used it in a stock 03 DL1000. Bike seemed quite happy with it. If anything it may be a bit gassy at low RPM and idle. When you put the spurs to it though it really came to life. I would be interested if anyone has 1 for our long trip. It would be nice to pinch some better mileage. Long hours between 90 and 120 kmh. Not sure if higher altitudes is going to make allot of difference but we will be 3-4 days in the mountains. Juss wonderin......

"There's a Grey blur and a Green blur. I try to stay on the grey one." Joey Dunlop
post #473 of 476 Old 07-05-2018, 09:08 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

2002 DL1000K2 Tuning Link Custom Map

I will post my map if someone tells me how I can do it. I tried a *.map and as *.xlsx and it wont take them. I guess the forum police got scared? I had all this written before I knew I couldn't upload anything.

This is my 2nd customizing of the custom map. In reviewing my files/notes, I added a little fuel at low rpm, low to moderate rpm to clean up some "stumbling" (the map was made in 2004 when I got the bike). The bike:

2002 DL1000K2
Remus Titanium Exh Cans
K&N filter
Airbox - snorkel removed, about a 2" x 6" hole around original snorkel
Secondaries are IN
Ivan's TRE
Throttle bodies were freshly balanced
TPS set
PAIR system removed (no map affect)
Gearing: 17 Fr 41 rear

Results: HP 96.3 @ 7900 rpm / Tq 70.3 #-ft @6700 rpm

I ride it 98% on the street, I have no idea what kind on mpg it would get off-road - the Strom and all the other liter plus bikes have way too much power and weight for anything rougher than a slightly bumpy dirt/gravel road, and good luck picking one up - that's what my DR650 is for. Aggressive twisty road riding and 80 mph cruising nets ~37 mpg. Taking it easy it gets ~40 mpg. Attached are the map and a gif image of the dyno data. I got the *.rtf files from the tuner and made my own charts.

post #474 of 476 Old 07-05-2018, 09:31 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

2002 DL1000K2 Tuning Link Custom Map

So you have to zip the files. Attached are the map in *.map form, an excel file showing the original custom map vs my customizing of it, and a gif of the dyno data in chart form. All bike changes were made to the bike before the dyno trip. I loaded some different dj/fuel moto maps, all were pretty much crap yielding mileage figures of ~30 mpg. The bike ran substantially better once properly tuned. The same holds true for my other injected bikes - the available maps are all very rich, and attempting to tune seat of the pants is a waste of time. I've never tried the onboard tuner that is available so I don't have an objective evaluation, but the engineer in me says good luck - yeah it will trim an existing good map to make it better, but I doubt it will take one of those overly rich maps and end up as good as a Tuning Link map. We don't have the ability to hold the load/throttle position long enough like the dyno.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Strom Dyno Data_30187_image001.jpg (18.5 KB, 16 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip M311-DWFDynoMap002.zip (601 Bytes, 12 views)
File Type: zip XL File DL1000K2 PC Custom Map.zip (9.9 KB, 8 views)
post #475 of 476 Old 07-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Stromthusiast!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to hoggdoc
Map uploads

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwfree View Post
So you have to zip the files.

Funny I had made the suggestion to use ZIP files in a response to your first post about not being able to upload the files. Then I saw this post, so I deleted my response.

But thanks for uploading the files I have them stored for future use when I find a deal on a PCIII.

2003 Zuki V-Strom 1000
post #476 of 476 Old 04-17-2019, 04:03 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Are all of you using the PCIII from Fuelmoto?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode