PCIII Maps for DL1000 - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 476 Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Stromthusiast!

2 things.

1. You should include your bikes setup, K&N, Exhaust, etc....

2. Also, do the maps work the same no matter which year they were made for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 476 Old 07-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Stromthusiast!

K5-Secondaries Removed- Stock

I am pretty darn happy with the stock PCIII map for my Stock 05 with secondaries removed and a fresh TBS.

I was using Cheff's fuelmoto average map and it worked well when the TBS was all screwed up. I tried it with a fresh TBS and secondaries removed and it had a funny little miss from about the low 3K's WOT to about 4k. So I went to the stock PCIII map and it's much improved overall.

I do get (any advise would be greatly appreciated), a phenomenon now where I accelerate WOT out of about 3200 RPM but as it approaches the low 4's if I let off on the throttle it practically leaps forward - like it is getting either too much or not enough fuel at WOT and hits a sweet spot with a throttle position about 50-70%.

Still all-in-all damn good map and so smooth and no bad manners whatsoever. You would think you are riding a wee-with some ass-kicking power on tap.

The wee will make you grin......
The vee will make you laugh out loud.....

Chuck

05 DL-1000 - A farkling project in the making....

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” – George Washington
post #13 of 476 Old 07-18-2007, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Send a message via AIM to MonkeyGrass Send a message via MSN to MonkeyGrass
Some more maps!

Ok guys, here are some more maps....

First one is the newest version of my custom map. If you are using my original map, please try this one. It has all the performance with less of the richness. I have found that this map seems to work really well on very lean, 02-03's - especially with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed. If you have a stock 02-03, this map will be rich and I can adjust it for you if so desired! I am posting in both .map and .djm files so you can use whichever version PCIII you like.

Next up, we have a custom map that I modified for Big B when I was up at his place in OH. It's set up for an 04-05, with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed. It is in .djm format only, if someone needs it in .map format just let me know.

Finally, we have a most excellent map created by Criscokid. BadTrainDriver is running this with great success, as are many other Strommers. This map seems to work very well with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed as well (can you see a trend here? :lol: ) It is posted in .djm format.

What I have found, in my travels and adventures in PCIII mapping, is there seems to be 3 "basic" types of FI programming coming from Suzuki. They are:
  1. Original, 16 bit 02-03 maps. Very lean at idle, pretty bad lean stumble between 3-4k. Mine is like this, and my m311-MG maps are designed for this.
  2. Transitionary, 04-early 05 32 bit maps. These are also lean at idle, a little less so than the 02-03's, but suffer badly from the 2500-4500 range. Big B's is like this, if you have a 32 bit, pre-recall ECU, try this map.
  3. Final, post recall 32 bit ECU's for later 05-present 07 models. BadTrainDriver has this style ECU and the Criscokid map is the ticket for these bikes.
Like I said, play around with some of these maps and it should become pretty obvious which ECU you have. These again, are good starting points. If you aren't running exhaust or removed your 2daries, then the buttons on the unit can be used to dial out some of the fuel - the mapping actually remains pretty much the same, just less fuel is needed, especially at low and high RPMS.

m311-MG_V2.zip

m311-BigB_v2.zip

CiscoSummer.zip
cappystromsocal likes this.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][I][SIZE=1][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][B]
V-Strom - embarrassing squids since 2002.[/B][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[/SIZE][/I][FONT=Georgia]DL1000K2 #938
[SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy][B][SIZE=2]Blue, of course!!

[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Book Antiqua][SIZE=2][I][B]
R.I.P Jason. You will be missed.[/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by MonkeyGrass; 07-18-2007 at 06:42 PM.

post #14 of 476 Old 07-18-2007, 04:32 PM
$tromtrooper

Clean it if it's goofy :-)

Stromprofessor MonkeyGrass from MonkeyWorks at work:

Balázs

DL650 K6 matt black
DL 650 info
EX-President VSCH
post #15 of 476 Old 07-18-2007, 04:50 PM
$tromtrooper

Garage
What is THAT on his head???????:mrgreen: And yes........my Strom runs like a whore from church. Matter of fact, most of the 1000 Boyz in Ohio have pretty kickin running Stroms. My very big thanks to Monkeygrass and Fuelmoto, for helping me grin so much lately.

BRIAN "GO Buckeyes, GO Wildcats"!

2015 DL650 XT "Hector"

1997 Honda Valkyrie 1500 custom “Dolores”

post #16 of 476 Old 07-18-2007, 05:09 PM
KAP
$tromtrooper

After Sunday, I should be on the most list, after master Big B dose his magic.
______
Kyle

2005 Black Vee
post #17 of 476 Old 07-18-2007, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big B View Post
What is THAT on his head???????:mrgreen:
I think a squirrel must have crawled up there and died! :lol:

post #18 of 476 Old 07-18-2007, 06:34 PM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
Ok guys, here are some more maps....

First one is the newest version of my custom map. If you are using my original map, please try this one. It has all the performance with less of the richness. I have found that this map seems to work really well on very lean, 02-03's - especially with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed. If you have a stock 02-03, this map will be rich and I can adjust it for you if so desired! I am posting in both .map and .djm files so you can use whichever version PCIII you like.

Next up, we have a custom map that I modified for Big B when I was up at his place in OH. It's set up for an 04-05, with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed. It is in .djm format only, if someone needs it in .map format just let me know.

Finally, we have a most excellent map created by Ciscokid. BadTrainDriver is running this with great success, as are many other Strommers. This map seems to work very well with aftermarket exhaust and 2ndaries removed as well (can you see a trend here? :lol: ) It is posted in .djm format.

What I have found, in my travels and adventures in PCIII mapping, is there seems to be 3 "basic" types of FI programming coming from Suzuki. They are:
  1. Original, 16 bit 02-03 maps. Very lean at idle, pretty bad lean stumble between 3-4k. Mine is like this, and my m311-MG maps are designed for this.
  2. Transitionary, 04-early 05 32 bit maps. These are also lean at idle, a little less so than the 02-03's, but suffer badly from the 2500-4500 range. Big B's is like this, if you have a 32 bit, pre-recall ECU, try this map.
  3. Final, post recall 32 bit ECU's for later 05-present 07 models. BadTrainDriver has this style ECU and the Ciscokid map is the ticket for these bikes.
Like I said, play around with some of these maps and it should become pretty obvious which ECU you have. These again, are good starting points. If you aren't running exhaust or removed your 2daries, then the buttons on the unit can be used to dial out some of the fuel - the mapping actually remains pretty much the same, just less fuel is needed, especially at low and high RPMS.

Attachment 2197

Attachment 2198

Attachment 2199
MG,
I have two newer maps that seem to be more stable at low rpm, curing the occasional sputter and hiccup at low rpm in warmer temps, yet leaner on the mid and upper end for economy.
I just recently got 50mpg on a spirited 300 mile ride in the mountains (5,000ft) 8) and still have the "gitty-up" needed for a fun ride. Accel pump is disabled on my PCIII.
My "10-3-06" map works great for a lot of Strommers but is just a little to lean on the low end and I've heard reports of the occasional sputter using this map. I've since improved the map (I think? ). Let me know if you want them. -Chris

(by the way it's criscokid not ciscokid )

[B][I][SIZE=3] Ride Safe, Ride Often [/SIZE][/I][/B]
[B]'03 Vstrom - 996 - [I](3,318 miles and counting)[/I][/B]
OEM luggage, Zero Gravity windscreen, Two Brothers Titanium exhaust, PCIII
[B]'05 Vstrom[/B] [B]- 996 -[/B] [I][U](death by rock)[/U][/I]
Suzuki heated Grips, Suzuki centerstand, PCIII
[B]'83 Honda Shadow 750[/B] [I][U](sold)[/U][/I]

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."
post #19 of 476 Old 07-18-2007, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!

Please do post them up. BadTrainDriver and I had FITS trying to reformat that webpage that RenoJohn posted you map on... We ended up having to redo every single cell, digit by digit. Posting your excellent maps in .djm format would be of great assistance!

Oh, and I corrected my posts!! Sorry, I had your name misspelled. All fixed now.

post #20 of 476 Old 07-18-2007, 06:52 PM
Stromthusiast!

maps

MG, I have attached two maps. I hope this works. I haven't attached maps before and figured out that I can't attach the .djm format so I zip'ed them. Here it goes.
-Chris
Attached Files
File Type: zip criscokid 7-9-07.zip (1.1 KB, 727 views)
cappystromsocal likes this.

[B][I][SIZE=3] Ride Safe, Ride Often [/SIZE][/I][/B]
[B]'03 Vstrom - 996 - [I](3,318 miles and counting)[/I][/B]
OEM luggage, Zero Gravity windscreen, Two Brothers Titanium exhaust, PCIII
[B]'05 Vstrom[/B] [B]- 996 -[/B] [I][U](death by rock)[/U][/I]
Suzuki heated Grips, Suzuki centerstand, PCIII
[B]'83 Honda Shadow 750[/B] [I][U](sold)[/U][/I]

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: 1. Jesus Christ. 2. The American G.I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode