Question on DL1000 Fork Brace - Page 2 - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
DL1000 from 2002-2012 DL1000 from 2002-2012 (K2-L2)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 Old 04-21-2013, 06:08 PM
Stromthusiast!

Looking at your current/previous rides, you may not appreciate a fork brace as much as others. You vee has a more stable front end than either of your former rides. I come from old school UJM rides and find no need for a brace, since my vee feels tons more planted than any pre 1990 bike. Just my worthless .02.

79 GS1000S
97 TL1000S
2005 DRZ400
2005 KDX220R
2007 DLK
2009 KLR650
2007 FJR1300
2007 Honda XR650L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 Old 04-24-2013, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiller4me View Post
Looking at your current/previous rides, you may not appreciate a fork brace as much as others. You vee has a more stable front end than either of your former rides. I come from old school UJM rides and find no need for a brace, since my vee feels tons more planted than any pre 1990 bike. Just my worthless .02.
That's the way I kind of feel about it. I also owned at various times 3 different Kawasaki 500 Mach III's. I rode my first Mach III across the country from California to NH in 4 days. The Vee feels pretty darn good to me.

After riding through some washboards the other day I figured what the heck maybe the brace will actually help retain the great feel that I have now. I went ahead and ordered the Adventure Tech one. I should have it by this weekend.

2014 DL1000 Adventure - (best bike I've owned until the dirt road ends)
2006 KLR 650
Some other bikes I've owned
post #13 of 18 Old 04-25-2013, 09:54 AM
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinois View Post
Went with a forkbrace and ATV bars with a crossbrace. To me the ride seems more planted both on and off pavement.
I also have a cross brace on the bars, but in my case it's the bolt on one available from Twisted Throttle. Like the fork brace, it helps with front end feel.

'03 DL1000 - "The Vee"
Mod list - Oxford heated overgrips. Garmin GPS w/Aquabox RAM mount. Mirror extenders. Givi V35 saddlebags, engine guards, and Kappa top box. Adventure Tech fork brace, wheel spacer, sidestand foot, and peg lowering kit. Gafler braided front brake & clutch lines. K&N air filter. Pyramid Fenda Extenda. GO Cruise throttle lock. Touratech folding shift lever. Rad guard. GSXR 4 piston brakes with SV Racing brackets. Yosh timing cover. SW Motech center stand and crossbar. Eastern Beaver headlight relay. 12 O'Clock Labs Speedo DRD. Werks clutch basket. Corbin seat.

post #14 of 18 Old 04-25-2013, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

I got my Adventure Tech brace today and installed it. Really easy to do. I mainly got it as insurance to maintain the great feel that it has right now being brand new. If it also improves it's handling on some of the nastier terrain that I ride on then it's a win win.

Thanks everyone for your opinions/comments.

2006 KLR 650
post #15 of 18 Old 04-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Stromthusiast!

I don't have much to compare it with, but I've noticed quite a bit of stability improvement since I installed my fork brace. Cross winds have a very reduced effect now. It's also quite a bit more stable in the twisties. For me, it was worth the money.

2012 DL1000 Adv
Heated grips, Sargent seat, 12v acc outlet, 6 circuit (Fuzeblock) add on, EB H4 light relay, Altrider crash bars & Skid plate, K&N filter, PWD Fork brace, mirror extenders, GPS shelf, Stebel Nautilus horn; Rear wheel spacer mod; Vibranators (keeps my hands awake! and yes they do work), Delkevic Exhaust, 16:43 gears;
post #16 of 18 Old 04-27-2013, 02:53 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
Super Trooper!

Went for a ride today on several different types of terrain, just enjoying the nice weather. It seems that the fork brace does make a difference that I can notice on the rougher dirt roads that I ride on. The front end seemed gentler on my hands and less harsh on the washboard type of terrain. I really didn't think i would notice a difference.

I guess there is also a benefit in it because you can use it to true up your front end.

2006 KLR 650
post #17 of 18 Old 03-29-2019, 03:09 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Garage
I added the fork brace (adventure tech) on my 12 1000 Strom, i thought it was a nice improvement over stock , same statement, feels more planted in the turns, over bumps in turns ...... i also did the EBC HH pad upgrade, increased stopping power ,and more important ,more progressive feeling, so for under $200. a big overall improvement !! ...VS a whole upgrade front end and brake system , Money no object , we would all have the high level upgrades!
post #18 of 18 Old 04-05-2019, 02:47 PM
Stromthusiast!

Fork brace, 4piston brake upgrade, . new bars with cross brace, better fork springs .
With some thoughtful upgrades it is surprising how well this bike will handle.

I also have a Elka shock, leo vince exhaust, power commander, PR 5 tires and Timing retard eliminator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode