Time to head to Deals Gap once again and opening this up to a couple other riders if interested.
Planning for about 8days of riding - 3 days there, a couple days in the Smoky's and then 3 days back.
Still figuring out the dates - likely between July 6-14. I would like to avoid riding in rain for hours/days on end. Been there done that.
Probably do Super8 Motels and pitch a tent at Ironhorse when down at Deals Gap, but could be convinced otherwise.
I ride a little spirited, but keep a responsible pace, especially in small towns. Don't want to get any tickets and or drama. I'm on a V-Strom 650.
Essentially ride all day on pavement w/ relentless twisties... sleep all night. Rinse and repeat.
These routes are from an 8day ride we did back in 2015 that got seriously rained out, so I'd like to try them again on dry pavement.
Day 1: Mississauga to Bridgeport
- Mississauga to Bridgeport WV - 9hrs/725km
Day 2: Bridgeport to Boone
- Bridgeport WV to Boone, NC via Us219, VA311, VA16, US421 - 11hrs/750km
Day 3: Boone to Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge
- Boone, NC to Ironhorse Lodge via US221, TN143, US226a, NC80, BRP - 9.5hrs/550km
Day 4: Smoky Loop 1
- Cherohala, Dragon, Little River, NC215 / Canada Rd Loop - 10.5hrs/650km
Day 5: Smoky Loop 2
- Dragon, Cherohala and Moonshiner Loop - 10hrs/600km
Day 6: Ironhorse to Willville Bike Camp
- Ironhorse Lodge to Willville via BRP - 10hrs/600km
Day 7: Willville to Somerset PA
- Willville to Somerset PA via WV 250, 33, Smoke Hole - 10.5hrs/750km
Day 8: Somerset PA to Mississauga
- Somerset PA to Mississauga via Wykoff Run Rd, PA144, Kettle Creek - 9hrs/725km
If you are interested, PM or post up.