spring - Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums
Canadian Troopers For those up north!

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-13-2016, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Hastings Ont
Posts: 148
spring

Well it sure feels good to be out riding ,rode yesterday & today only 500km but its a start .Heated gear sure is nice.
V-Tom likes this.
ride on is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 03-13-2016, 08:17 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mississauga, ON
Posts: 2,622
350 km yesterday.
Rick123 is offline  
post #3 of 13 Old 03-14-2016, 11:33 AM
$tromtrooper
 
sbeadg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: western Mass.
Posts: 920
Damn!! Wish I'd taken more advantage of the weather when we had it. Did some shorter rides for errands and such, nothing major.

Now, the next week + out is cold, rainy crap...

At least we're headed in the right direction!


'15 Tiger800 XRx
'99 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
'89 Honda NX250

"Why don't I have tattoos? For the same reason you don't put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari."
sbeadg is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 Old 03-14-2016, 05:50 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
CruisnGrrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Eastern ontario
Posts: 2,016
Garage
has been nice to ride a bit

DL1000 K4


http://www.fuelly.com/motorcycle/suzuki/dl1000_v-strom/2004/lisa/356474
CruisnGrrl is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 03-14-2016, 06:31 PM
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper
 
Bugup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Hamilton
Posts: 2
Garage
Smile

This has been the best March as far as I can remember in Southern Ontario. I have been out 4 times this month so far.
Bugup is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 03-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
Juan Tanamera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canuckistan
Posts: 1,010
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugup View Post
This has been the best March as far as I can remember in Southern Ontario. I have been out 4 times this month so far.
One of the best winters ever for me. Riding every month, and almost ever week of this winter. Looking forward to getting out on some longer rides too!

Orange Wee Member #420
Juan Tanamera is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 03-19-2016, 12:18 AM
$tromtrooper
 
Keith Falkner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sarasota FL
Posts: 2,350
Wink Spring makes a sloppy package.

I have been wrapping up bits of spring in sunshine, and shipping it
north as fast as I can. I think that the warm parts are spilling out in
the middle States, and you are getting only the chilly and wet parts.

Is it too soon to talk about the Spring Ride?

I sure hope I can bring you some oranges this year.
It will be an extra challenge, because my Wee-Strom has been
wintering with an Ontario friend, so I will need to haul myself
and my stuff on my one-cylinder Honda. Its windshield was made
from a Dixie cup, & provides little protection from weather & wind.

I am glad you have had an active winter, Juan. I try to emulate your
style in the curves, but I am not a very good student. Obviously, I
need more practice.

Stay warm, Y'all!
Keith

Keith Falkner is offline  
post #8 of 13 Old 03-20-2016, 10:03 AM
Stromthusiast!
 
Juan Tanamera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canuckistan
Posts: 1,010
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Falkner View Post
I have been wrapping up bits of spring in sunshine, and shipping it
north as fast as I can. I think that the warm parts are spilling out in
the middle States, and you are getting only the chilly and wet parts.

Is it too soon to talk about the Spring Ride?

I sure hope I can bring you some oranges this year.
It will be an extra challenge, because my Wee-Strom has been
wintering with an Ontario friend, so I will need to haul myself
and my stuff on my one-cylinder Honda. Its windshield was made
from a Dixie cup, & provides little protection from weather & wind.

I am glad you have had an active winter, Juan. I try to emulate your
style in the curves, but I am not a very good student. Obviously, I
need more practice.

Stay warm, Y'all!
Keith
Hi Keith,

It's never to early to talk about the spring ride. I would suggest that since last year it coincided with the Romney event, that this year it be on a different weekend, especially so that any of the Foreign Legion who head to Romney can also come to this. Romney is from April 29-May1st.
We also have the Bancroft lunch ride on April 10, so I might suggest that the Spring Ride is the weekend after Romney, on Saturday May 7. Normally we do this on a Sunday I think, but the Sunday May 8th is Mothers Day and I think many others may have problems with that date too. I hope Tom and others aren't working on the Saturday!

Do you or anyone else have any other suggested dates?

I will know my work schedule in a few more weeks. If I am free I would be happy to lead it again, or sweep or whatever and help with route planning. We can use the same route as last year, or do something different up while still hitting up the nice rest spots.

Oh and emulate me.at your peril... last year I didn't drop my bike so it was a rare year
Cheers!

Orange Wee Member #420
Juan Tanamera is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 03-20-2016, 01:16 PM
$tromtrooper
 
Keith Falkner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sarasota FL
Posts: 2,350
Juan, I was driving a van and enjoying the lovely Florida weather, and WHAM,
spring (my 75th, but who is counting?) hit me where I live, which is where I ride,
and I realized I will make the Ontario Spring Ride this year, no matter bloody what!

My little Honda CBR-250 can certainly carry a sack of oranges, so you can count on those.
If anybody has a special request from Harbor Freight, please specify what is needed.
I will bring some voltmeters, chargers, spaghetti, and other dinky doodads just for fun.

Hey ... if this country becomes a truly ugly place after our election, will you let me back?

Keith

Keith Falkner is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 03-22-2016, 08:46 PM
Stromthusiast!
 
TOScootz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Etobicoke, ON, Canada
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Falkner View Post
Juan, I was driving a van and enjoying the lovely Florida weather, and WHAM,
spring (my 75th, but who is counting?) hit me where I live, which is where I ride,
and I realized I will make the Ontario Spring Ride this year, no matter bloody what!

My little Honda CBR-250 can certainly carry a sack of oranges, so you can count on those.
If anybody has a special request from Harbor Freight, please specify what is needed.
I will bring some voltmeters, chargers, spaghetti, and other dinky doodads just for fun.

Hey ... if this country becomes a truly ugly place after our election, will you let me back?

Keith
Of course we would, but it might be a very long line-up at the border.
TOScootz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome