Hi Brockie. Being a mod you may be able to help. Yes pleases delete the post if you can.
I have marveled at some of the very large pictures I've seen posted. The only way I can post a picture is to use the attach files "manage attachments" which results in small thumbnail images.
I read in a post somewhere to use the "insert image" button instead which asks for a url. I entered the URL for my image in Flicker but the image does not get displayed.
Once a link to the Flicker image was displayed but I'm not sure whether that is acceptable under forum rules.
When I tried to delete the post I clicked on the edit/delete button which puts me into edit mode - but I cannot see any delete button.
Correct. "manage attachments" will only give you a very small pic and a thumbnail, like glitch_oz put up.
It is important to not store your pic as a HUGE file. I use Microsoft paint which is part of Windows to reduce my pics for net use.
1. Right click on the pic and choose "open with" MS Paint.
2. Reduce the size by using the "resize image" on the top left menu bar.
3. Resize anything from 20% to 40% of the image until it is a suitable size.
4. Upload the image to Flicker. I have never used flicker but somewhere there will be a "BB Code". It is usually only available when you click on an image thumbnail to see the full sized image. It is there somewhere - perhaps in a pull down menu.
5. When you find the "BB Code" highlight and copy it or hit the "copy" button.
6. Now go to your draft post on Stromtrooper.
7. Put the blinking cursor where you want the image in the text box for your post.
8. Right click and select "paste" from the drop down menu.
9. You will only see text. Click on "Preview Post" and your image should appear in the preview box.
The Url is not what you want. Find and directly paste in the "BB Code".