Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tarneit, Vic Australia
I have a few questions about the tappet recall.....
I've got an L2, just over 8,000kms.
- Would the damage be limited to just the tappets and camshafts? With low kms is it likely anything else would be affected?
- Has anyone had work done yet or heard anything further from their dealer?
- Will the whole motor need to be dropped to fix it, or can they just take the heads off while still in the frame?
- I'm about to do probably 1,500-2,000kms over christmas, should I avoid this until after it's fixed? (I don't use the bike as a daily commuter, just weekend fun)
- I've just finished putting crash bars/centre stand/bash plate on my bike, if the motor has to come out not sure if I should take them all off, or just leave them on there and let the dealer deal with it? What would you do?
I know I shouldn't worry about this as Suzuki will have to take care of it, but I'm quite particular about things, and not sure that I will have full trust that everything will be taken off and put back together perfectly. (I have no reason to doubt my dealer's work though)
I'll get in touch with my dealer this week, and I'll provide updates as I go.