StromTrooper banner

Tried to install front LED running/turn lights...

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  andreas 
#1 ·
This is on a 2012 Strom...

So about a month ago I ordered a set of LED light trips in amber. My plan is/was to mount them onto my barkbusters and use them as running and turn signal lights. I bought a kit that is sold to make them into 3 wires, instead of just two. Each strip draws less than 200mA. Basically they are a little dimmer for 'running' and full brightness for turn signals. My plan was to use the plug above the right turn signal (originally for a 12v outlet I believe, as a factory option), then run the hot wires from the turn signals to the corresponding side. I grounded everything thru one ground, the one in the plug above the right turn signals, but that didn't work, the turn signals wouldn't flash. I tried grounding the lights thru the turn signals separately, but that gave me the same results. The only way I can make them flash is if I hook them up as turn signals only. Any ideas on why they won't work for both running and turn set up like I was thinking?

#3 ·
I know which wires do what. Just not sure why it wouldn't work. Maybe because the accessory plug runs off the same circuit as the turn signals?

Sent from my MB860 using Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
no flash

did you leave the original turn signals in the circuit, or remove them?

you need significant current to make the flasher flash - lots of posts on that topic

#5 ·
did you leave the original turn signals in the circuit, or remove them?

you need significant current to make the flasher flash - lots of posts on that topic
Yes. Left stock turn signals inline. They worked fine. Just not the led's.

Sent from my MB860 using Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.