StromTrooper banner

Trailer?/

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  arkansas 
#1 ·
Can a V tow a small, light(3-400lbs) trailer? Looks like a hitch mite be a problem. Any ideas??

#2 ·
You can tow anything you want with it. The hitch as you mentioned is the hard thing.
Small cargo trailers allows bringing along the kitchen sink if it's necessary. I pulled a tent (Kwik Kamp) with 750 and side car that had less HP and worse brakes. Power passing will be a thing of the past but regearing with a different sprocket will make up for the load.
Some folks like the Unigo and others have had problems.
There have been several threads on the subject.

#5 ·
Trailer

My buddy and I took his 2011 Vstrom to the Bushtec factory for them to use his bike to fabricate a hitch to fit his bike. ( template was fabricated too) This was back about the first of this year.
Several months later, when I got my 2012 Vstrom arrived,, I tried to install his hitch on my new bike. No workie. Not even close.
I fabricated my own hitch to fit our new model Vstrom. I can pull my Unigo or either of my Bushtec trailers. One of them being their utility trailer and my other Bushtec being one of their Quantums ,or some such named version. Thursday I will be pulling my Bushtec, behind my Strom, to the Swamp Scooter Rally in Layfette, LA. For a fantastic small event. Hope to see you there.

#6 ·
Hmmm... not really fond of those single wheel trailers. I seriously wish I could get to some of these events you all have waaaay down there, but it's winter here already and bike's been put away for a few weeks already.
thanks for the info!!

#8 ·
When it comes to handling, you can NOT beat a single wheel Trailer on a Motorcycle. Its very simple as it leans when the Bike leans. If the Bike leans gently so does the Trailer, if the Rider leans hard so does the Trailer, and the center of gravity is ALWAYS in the center, and never will you have a side force pull of any kind.
I've got about 20000 miles plus on mine and I'd rather have my 70 lbs of luggage plus the 80 lb Trailer behind me, then only 70 lbs of luggage on top of my Bike, hands down!! :thumbup:

#7 ·
HF has a nice little trailer, cheap, easily modded, check it out...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.