Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - I've got the FEVER!!
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 09-11-2012, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
jdubyap
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelito View Post
I've crossed at Mexicali with no problems too, which might be more convenient for you, coming from Flagstaff. From there, the ride is pleasant, and not crowded down to San Felipe. You can either ride some dirt from there thru Coco's Corner and on to Rt. 1, or backtrack on the pavement for a pleasant ride to Ensenada on the West coast. If you head down Rt. 1 from Ensenada, make sure you fill up with gas around El Rosario, and any Pemex station after that.There is one at a rather expensive hotel in that stretch, but the pumps were out of order the time I rode that way. You'll also find gasoline vendors at the turn-off to Bahia de Los Angeles. Otherwise it's a long ride to Guerrero Negro, and the Pemex there. Try the fish tacos at Danny's in Mulege. Also the pescado al mojo de ajo at Scott's El Candil in Mulege. The ride south of Mulege along Bahia de Concepcion is speco and fun.
Thanks for the great info! That's something I'm a little concerned about, the gasoline fill ups. I haven't done too much research yet on the distance between fillups and how much fuel I should carry.

And good food is ALWAYS an important subject.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budisit View Post
following this thread
Join up! At this point I don't have any for sure riding companions... Always better to ride in a group.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] K9 650 Strom

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome