StromTrooper banner

Extra Keys for Trax Panniers.....

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  mountainpete 
#1 ·
I read that people were having a hard time finding key blanks for their Adventure model (Trax) Panniers.
My locksmith used a 'Yale Y11' key blank and they work great!
I was worried, I broke one key the first day I owned the bike (Lock was installed upside down) and only had one key left.

#2 ·
Good info Dan. Thanks. Think I'll try to get 1-2 extras made next time at hardware store. Those little suckers are pretty cheap... I'm really careful with them. The locks are getting easier to use with use, but at first they were horrid and I was afraid I was going to break one off too.

#4 ·
My dealer has a second set of locks ready to be installed under warranty as the original ones stick. However, I am waffling on getting them replaced.

I also got a locksmith to create a few extra keys and while the locks still stick sometimes, the new keys make all the difference. The OEM key is extremely soft and even after using graphite lube and other items on the lock cores, I tore my first key two weeks after owning the bike.

Pete

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.