StromTrooper banner

Highway pegs

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  garvinzoom 
#1 ·
I was going to buy the pegs Yann makes but he is currently out of stock so I remembered I had this set that came with an old Honda I had. Other than looking like the bike they are mounted on should have tassels and ape hangers do you think these would be safe to use? I just have them mocked up for now of course, not going to use the zip ties....:green_lol:

(Two of my furry helpers)

The bolt hole spacing for the u-bolt I need in case I mount these is 1 1/4 inch, is that the size I ask for at the hardware store? Little confused about that, it is the same size u-bolt that holds the skip plate to the GIVI crash bars.

See less See more
#2 ·
Went ahead and put them on, going to see how it goes. They were to far forward for me on the outside of the skid plate so I improvised and mounted them through the plate..not sure if I like this or not but gonna go here in a bit and try it out.

#7 ·
I think those look great. Black would have been better of course, but you have highway pegs now. :)

The only concern i would have is what happens if the bike dumps? Is it going to impact on that hard bar and maybe bend the crap out of your skid plate, or take out your oil filer? or possible do damage in some other way? If it doesn't look like it will hit the ground in any way, then your flyin.

The one thing i liked about the Yann setup is the bar is short and the pegs are long to make sure the center bar never hits anything and the pegs just fold up.

I like your solution though, well done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.