StromTrooper banner

So Cal Ride

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  kava 
#1 ·
Soooooo, anyone intersted in a ride up to Big Bear or Ojai or ACH? Let me know. There's quite a few of us around.....we just never get together. Don't want to be seen with a bunch of other vstrommers or what? Let's just ride.

#2 ·
Most of the time, riding for myself isn't really planned a long time in advance..sometimes only a day or two, or with my friend usually that day..the last group ride was planned maybe 4 or 5 days in advance, and a very eclectic group..2 Harleys, a Busa, a 1098 Ducati, a R1, a M109R, and my Wee. My friend with the Busa was talking about riding up to Big Bear, I'll give you a heads up if we go~!

#4 ·
Yah, sure, you betcha! You gonna sleep in or is youse boys early starters?
Just as a note, the BMW guys get together at a coffee place onest a month. Such a thing for those of our ilk could be good, then a ride could really be instigated.
Staying low in the mountains with the weather coming up might be a consideration.

#5 ·
Sounds good Randy. There's no way I'm waking up that early notacop unless it's for.......well nothing actually. You guys scared of the cold weather? A monthly meet at newcombs would be nice too. Maybe Sundays for lunch or something. I know alot of you don't like to ride with all the squids and slow harley's but weekdays just doesn't work for most folks. Sundays seem the best day to ride. I used to complain because I had to choose between church and motorcycles, now I do church on Saturdays. Problen solved. How about weather permitting we ride to Big Bear The first Sunday in December 12/4? That work for anyone? We can meet at the grizzly cafe in wrightwood at 10:15 or at the shell in La Canada for those on the west end at 9:00 and take ACH to wrightwood. Sound good? let me know. All 2 wheels are welcome.

#6 ·
I got the church thing figured out too. My wife goes to church and I got see what God's done in the mountains. Which of us is closer?
The only problem with our local mountains is the altitude and temps. We'd be lucky not to hit ice if it rains or snows and the sanding on the roads makes it's own problems in the corners.
Oh, its' 36 degrees at Chilao at 10 am. Newcombs is a in a cold pocket that would be even more chilly. Brrr!

#8 ·
I'll keep you posted!

#9 ·
So, it's a no go on 12/4. A tree fell on my roof here in Pasadena. Have to takr care of that first. Besides it's snowing up at Bear and other spots.

#10 ·
So it's the 10th and I need to put some plastic on my garage because the wind that bonked your tree into the house too the roofing off my garage.
Hope your house is OK. We got the power back on Monday 1645.
Friend and I made a loop of Hwy2 to Big T, Little T and looped through to Newcombs on Thursday Am. Nice weather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.