StromTrooper banner

Inheriting a Strom

4K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Strombow 
#1 ·
Hi Ladies and gents, I thought I would introduce myself as I have been lurking for a few months.
Long story short, My father thinks he is to old for riding and has offered me his Wee strom. I have tried to talk him out of giving the riding away but he is adamant that he wants out so I am to receive his bike :yesnod:. I cant pick it up for another month as it is 1200 klms away but will kill this time with a few questions if you will indulge me?
I have enjoyed reading what the site has to offer and am very much looking forward to sharing my experiences and adventures. Cheers Steve

#2 ·
Welcome! My concern would be that since your Dad gave you the bike, you might be reluctant to sell it should you want to try something else. That's why I hope my Dad doesn't decide to give me his *very* nice Roadstar. Of course, who would ever want to sell a Wee? :yesnod:

#7 ·
Without being an Ahole can you just ask your Dad to work on himself.

What is the source of why he can"t ride

2ndly if that is catching up at him does he have any SUPPORT where he lives 1200 klicks away[/QUOTE
Dad damaged his back in a car accident where a lady came around a blind bend and hit him head on, There was also a young girl in the other car that didn't make it unfortunately so he does suffer pain from riding and driving and has had a few demons to battle with in his head(depression).
I want him to come and live with me but so far he thinks he cant leave his rural property. He has sisters and other friends nearer to him but I am finding it tough keeping him up. Steve

#4 · (Edited)
Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum [is your dad a member on here?].

Where in Oz are you and where is the bike located? [approximate areas, not exact addresses].

I'm out near Windsor- west of Sydney.

Let me know if I can help with the pick up of the bike in some way.

Also if you are in my area then some rides might be on the cards.

The 2012 Annual Gathering is at Bingara NSW so try to put that in your calendar too.

Cheers,
Ock. [aka Steve]

#8 ·
Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum [is your dad a member on here?].

Where in Oz are you and where is the bike located? [approximate areas, not exact addresses].

I'm out near Windsor- west of Sydney.

Let me know if I can help with the pick up of the bike in some way.

Also if you are in my area than some rides might be on the cards.

The 2012 Annual Gathering is at Bingara NSW so try to put that in your calendar too.

Cheers,
Ock. [aka Steve]
Hi Steve/Ock, I live in the Blue Mountains and Dad is in the Mary Valley in Qld. I have booked the Plane ticket for my next weekend off and will ride it home after spending a couple of days with dad.
I have pencilled in Bingara and hopefully will get there(maybe ride with you guys) I have been trying to talk Rod1 into making the trip up there :yesnod:.
Steve

#13 ·
Well I picked up the bike over the weekend, spent a day fishing with Dad and cruised back down the coast for 1350 klms. I feel I got to know the bike pretty well.
I had thought it must be an early model but I forgot he had a Motto Guzzi Breva for a few years before the Strom so scored a nice 2009 model with 20000 k's.
There is a couple of scratches on it when dad over balanced going up to Mount Buggery (dad said everyone kept telling him to go to Buggery so he thought he'd better) but other than that and a missing bolt it is good.
I am happy :thumbup:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.