StromTrooper banner

San Diego Strom troopers

3K views 27 replies 8 participants last post by  TrophyHunter 
#1 ·
Check in here. Saw a nice 1K getting serviced at Vey's in El Cajon today and got me wondering how many other V-stroms are in the area since I have not seen any.

John

#3 ·
I'll be riding in this weekend if I don't freeze to death going through Gallup, New Mexico. It is supposed to be below 0F on Thursday as I ride through. Possible lows of -6F. That is pretty dang cold. SoCal will look pretty warm by the time I get there. It could be interesting to meet up with some other V-stroms.

#4 ·
That would be cool. I am free all weekend.

#6 ·
Based on my schedule I'll be in SoCal most likely Saturday afternoon. I need to get a front tire and based on the miles I think I can get out if, I won't make it past Vegas. So I plan to get it replace Friday, relax for the night and then continue on to SoCal.

I have a hotel booked in LA starting Sunday night. So at this point I am somewhat flexible about meeting up for a ride. I just need to find a hotel in the SD area for Sat night. Any suggestions? This all assumes I don't totally freeze my butt off tomorrow. At least the forecast has improved from -6F to -5F. I really thought about leaving continuing on tonight but I really didn't want to ride through mountain passes at night with possible snow.

#7 · (Edited)
Lots of options here for hotels and very, very different areas all around the city. What are you wanting to be around? Beach? Bars? Quiet, cheap, opulent?

Hotel Del Coronado is famous way back if you want something like that. But probably a little pricey. Right on the beach.

Old Town has quite a few Mexican restaurants and bars and a really interesting feel, also very historic.

Pacific Beach and Mission Beach are the typical young beach crowd.

Ocean Beach is hippy-ville.

Santee/Lakeside/Alpine are sort of in the mountains.

Julian would be a really cool place to do a bed and breakfast and it is up in the mountains. After Thanksgiving the crowds will be much less. Really cool up there.

And more, and more, and more.

#9 ·
just grab a place at hotel circle, they have every price range and it is centrally located to the 8 / 5 & 15 freeways, so getting on the interstate is easy.

#10 ·
uhhhh, nice avatar!

#12 ·
so any plans for a ride? the weather is supposed to be pretty nice. I dont know all the cool roads or anything, but Julian used to be a cool destination when I had my sports car

#14 ·
Im down for around noon or so

#16 ·
Nice, we should try and get together as a group and go for a ride

#17 ·
I'd love to do a ride, but I have to work it in advance. I'm working full time (with a 110 mile daily commute) and going to school 3 days a week, including Saturday. That only leaves me one day for the honey-do list. :headbang:

#19 ·
are you at ACU 5 in Pendleton?

#18 ·
I am sort of out for doing any kind of rides for the next 6 months. Unless I take leave during a work day. My wife just deployed and I am doing the single parent thing now and probably wont even ride my bike until she gets back do to having to take my daughter to day care every morning and picking her up after work.

#20 ·
I'm actually retired now, but that was where I retired. As a matter of fact, I'm wearing my Swift Intruders ball cap right now! My avatar is me flying my old LCAC-32 during the aftermath of the Sumatran Tsunami. Are you @ Balboa?

#21 ·
1st Marine Division, over in 33 area

#22 ·
Ah, a green side gung ho Corpsman, nice! We'll have to make sure and do some rides when the wife gets back. She green side too?

#23 ·
she is attached at Balboa until we swap the rotation in a few years

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.