StromTrooper banner

fork mounted amber lights

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  The Golden Monkey 
#1 ·

^brought these home form work tonight, set of two from where i work (NAPA).

link to online supplier

4.5" diameter, they're big!

the light cluster is sealed in a round disk that screws to the cast metal housing. i'm probably going to remove it from the housing (for weight) and fabricate a mount to attach to either my fender nut or reflector nut.

these are running/turn signal lights, i'm either going to

1-hard wire the turn signal circuit to be always on, as in always bright

2- have running lights, with a bush button or rocker switch to flash or control the bright amber lights

3- have running lights, with working turn signals on the forks to flash in sync with fairing signal

it may be a few days before the install, but i'll track my progress in this thread once it comes to be. any idea's and feedback welcome. i like the metal housing they come in, but it's heavy and has a threaded base which i find difficult to mount.

See less See more
#2 ·
3- have running lights, with working turn signals on the forks to flash in sync with fairing signal
See this thread for ideas on getting them to function as full-brightness running lights and turn signals: http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54136

If you put them on the forks, you're right to try to reduce their weight -- not only because unsprung weight is undesirable, but also because they get rattled around a lot there and the heavier they are, the harder they will be on whatever mount you come up with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.