StromTrooper banner

Brake Pads

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  PSIGUY2 
#1 ·
Hello all, I need to replace the brake pads on my Wee. I am not sure if I should stick with the OEM or upgrade?

Where is the best source for EBC on the net? :confused:

Thanks
Brian

#2 ·
I am not sure if I should stick with the OEM or upgrade?
I replaced mine with OEM equipment from cheapcycleparts.com.

I don't have any experience with EBC pads, but my position is that if it works well, don't mess with it. The OEM pads wore well, did not make noise, and had very useful wear indicator grooves. They do cost more, but not that much more if you don't pay retail.

#3 ·
I'm using EBC HH sintered pads on the front. They have a noticeably higher coefficient of friction than stock.

#5 ·
EBC HH on the fronts and EBC organic (Kevlar) or Suzuki pads on the rear do great.

Try searching for the EBC pad number on Google, then click on Shopping, and look also on eBay. If you can wait, you might find what you want one part at a time on eBay at great prices. If the mail order discount isn't that great, you'll save the shipping cost if you buy locally.

Don't forget to flush and renew the brake fluid periodically...every two years is good for your bike and your cars. DOT4 brake fluid in the bike.

#6 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the input guys.
I lucked out on Ebay I picked up the EBC HH pads left and right for $35.00 total shipped. Then I went with the organic backs for $22.00 Shipped.

Thanks for all of the help.
Brian
:yikes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.