StromTrooper banner

Central Coast Riders?

2K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Guyver 
#1 ·
This is weird, OK?

I'm not sure if I've got the whole private messages thing down around here. It seems like I always double send a pm?

Anyway, someone pm'd me about going riding. I responded but never heard back. Checked my inbox, nothing there....checked my sents....nothing there.

So, whoever it was that pm'd me about riding...please try again....this time I'll add you to contacts.

Also, I consider the central coast of Cali to be between SB and Monterey. If anyone is interested in riding....let me know.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Hello Guyver, it was me! I am in Santa Maria and have just been riding my wee to work and would like to get out and stretch it's legs. My schedule is tight but we should be able to get together. The only ride that I have been on as of now is with a friend on a Dyna Wide Glide that only likes to go to Los Alamos for burgers.

#4 ·
I'd agree, great riding along the central coast. Just got back from a 2-day trip up to Auburn for Fast Fridays, via G18 through Fort Hunter Liggett up hwy 1 to SF, then across the GG bridge to 80 up to Auburn (speedway races). Second day took 49 to 50 to Pollack Pines, turned off on the Mormon Imigrant Trail (sweet ride) to 88 (breakfast in Kirkwood) to Markleeville, up over Monitor Pass (what a view) down to 395 south, back over Sonora Pass on 108 down to J59 and home. Awesome ride, @ 1K miles.:thumbup:

#6 ·
Central Coast Riding

Guyver,

I'm in SB. A friend borrowed my Russell seat for going up to Sturgis but when I get it back next week I'm always looking for a ride. I'm retired so other than golf days I can go.

Just got back last month from Prudhoe Bay. Now there's a nice little 10,000 mile ride!

There's lots of great roads both on the coast and just inland between SB and Fisco.

Aloha,
Gary

#9 ·
Guyver,

I'm in SB. A friend borrowed my Russell seat for going up to Sturgis but when I get it back next week I'm always looking for a ride. I'm retired so other than golf days I can go.

Just got back last month from Prudhoe Bay. Now there's a nice little 10,000 mile ride!

There's lots of great roads both on the coast and just inland between SB and Fisco.

Aloha,
Gary
Cool. Nice to meet you Gary. Love to ride. I'll be in touch.

#10 ·
I'm excited to see people respond here. We'll get some rides together. Since we're obviously going to be having an indian summer; we've got plenty of weekends left. I've got some good spots to share.

I'm booked now. I'll get some pm's out tomorrow morning (if I can figure the thing out...) and we'll put something together.

I've been doing alot of solo; and blowing by alot of harley riders. :thumbup:

It'll be nice to ride with some bro's for a change.

#13 · (Edited)
In Templeton (blue wee) here. I see a grey/ black strom regularly headed up towards Atascadero from SLO as I 'm headed south to SLO. I a few others time to time...

In fact I'm considering in maybe holding a tech day sometime perhaps mid october??????. I'm coming due for a valve check/adjustment. Though the wealth of info and threads on this subject are good , I know I 'd feel better if someone was around to verify things as I do it my first time.

I can be one of those people where a little knowledge can be Dangerous.....:green_lol:

Frequently available weekends for riding

If I get some interest in the tech day - I'll post in the west coast regional forum

#14 ·
Hi I'm in the NE corner of Santa Maria. I Ride 07 abs YELLOW WEE with 1550 Pelican boxes.I'm up for a ride anytime as I'm retired.I been putting on a Breakfast Ride every WED. for 10 yrs now.We leave from the Chervon Station on Santa Maria Way at 8:45. It's a mixes bag of M/C from GW,FJR,ST1300 and a WEE Strom.BK can as close as AG or as far as Tehacpia.Gave me a heads up if U would like to join us.
Tia Bob

#15 ·
I'm in Orcutt, in Foxenwoods kinda by the sheriff substation.

I have an 09 grey abs Wee with a blacked out fairing.

I have a wedding reception today otherwise I would have put a ride together. Let's try to put something together for next saturday?

Also, for local SM/Orcutt guys....that tehachapi canyon road is awesome! Foxenwood canyon is a goodie too, especially if you take it up to the top of Figueroa Mountain.

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr192/GuyverOne/Thread1.jpg

#16 ·
Ride Saturday?

Just wanted to let whoever is interested know, we're going to do a little meet-up and ride on Saturday from the Orcutt/Santa Maria area.

I'll post up the final details tomorrow. We'll probably meet up at Pappy's and then ride Tehachapi canyon road, then who knows? Maybe Sierra Madre to Miranda Pines or something. Let me know if your interested, or check the thread tomorrow for the final details.

#17 ·
SF area

I just bought my wee (blue 07) and am looking for other riders in the area. I'm in SF so fairly close to a lot of you guys. Wish I could make the one this weekend, but have prior plans for a day ride with a friend.

knightstrom - I would be down for a tech day. My previous bike was an 85 yamaha XJ700 and I learned to do all the work myself. Would love to say the same thing about the Wee, plus it's always more fun to wrench on bikes with other enthusiasts.

#18 ·
Saturday Ride On!

We'll meet at Pappy's at 11:00. We'll hit Tehachapi Canyon road, and then thinking about a zip up the coast where temperatures are cool. Lunch somewhere around SLO or Morro Bay, then back. Whoever wants to come is welcome.

I'll be sharing See Canyone Road. Twisties, lot's of fun, and a good view of the coast/Morro Rock/picture opportunites.

Pappy's is off Beteravia exit in Santa Maria. Head East 50 yards, can't miss it. All night diner. See you tomorrow!

Guyver

PS. North Cal riders....when the temperature drops below 100, let's hit the 49 and to the Tioga or the Sonora Pass. We'll keep you posted.

#19 ·
I'm In . Nice I get to sleep in too tomorrow!!! Yee haw!!! Of course I only want to sleep in on work days...... go figure...

Think I have a date for a tech day with focus on Valve checks. Saturday Oct 16th. I'll post sometime next week with details in the regional section. Might try to make it a an overnight thing with a ride Sunday morning too.

#21 ·
Well i'm in Monterey would love to go for a ride....but my bike is home in Alaska:yikes::confused:
down visiting my mother she fell and broke upper arm at shoulder and forearm. she is doing better but will be in skilled nursing facility for probably at least 2 more weeks.
enjoy your great riding weather- Pat

#22 ·
The weather was great! A bit windy at times. Kapenagary, Knightstom and I had an awesome 6 hour ride. We did Tepesquet, not Tehachapi (haha) canyon road, then up See Canyon in Avila, out through Perfumo Canyon, up to Morro Bay, Cambria, tri-tip sandwiches, more twisties and sweepers, back country, a near beef by me (haha again), riding by the ocean - beautiful.

Good to meet you Kapengary and Knightstrom....looking forward to more rides!

#26 ·
Phil,

Those were great roads. Thanks for setting up the ride. It was a pleasure to meet you and Steve. Foxen Canyon was great on the way home. I got home 10 minutes before the fight. Perfect.

I've attached the pic I took during a stop.

I'm all in for doing something like that again.

Aloha,
Gary
Cool picture Gary! Glad you made it home for the fight. From what I heard, James (lights out) Toney finally got his lights tagged a bit courtesy of Randy the Natural! Look forward to more rides. Sounds like Knightstrom's up for a little foray into the backcountry for a camp n ride. Maybe the 49 and the Tioga? We'll keep in touch.

#24 ·
Sorry I missed this ride but I had a Vietnam Vets. meeting.And a BBQ at Waller Park today.We do have some great roads to ride.I'd like to put together a ride to Parkfield.Will have to come up with a date and post it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.