StromTrooper banner

Jesse Luggage

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  PerazziMx14 
#1 ·
#2 ·
While Jesse is top shelf stuff ultimately its just a box with a lid to hold stuff. TUSK panniers are $245 and hold stuff just as well, keeps stuff just as dry and dust free at 1/2 the weight of Jesse.

If I were selling I'd try for 40 to 50% of new and hope someone it. If I were buying 25 to 35% of new maybe a little more if I couldn't live w/o them.

#3 ·
The big "IF" is are you going to buy these accessories if your bike does not have them?

That makes the cost more relative. Jesse bags are top of the line. Yes they are heavier. But they don't leak, don't dent when a butterfly hits them, and can take a spill without crushing them. Powdercoated inside and out so all your stuff doesn't turn black from rubbing on the bare aluminum. Double as seats at the camp.

I would easily add $500+ to a bike that had Jesse luggage over a bike without it.

#5 ·
While Jesse is top shelf stuff ultimately its just a box with a lid to hold stuff. TUSK panniers are $245 and hold stuff just as well, keeps stuff just as dry and dust free at 1/2 the weight of Jesse.

If I were selling I'd try for 40 to 50% of new and hope someone it. If I were buying 25 to 35% of new maybe a little more if I couldn't live w/o them.
Thanks guys, that's about what I expected.
Perazzi, do you have a source for the Tusk Bags at $245.? That's not even close to what I can find them for on the web.

#4 ·
Huh, my cheap Tusks are coated inside and out so no turning stuff black. I took them to Labrador and rode 100's of miles unpaved roads and also in some heavy rain. No leaks whatsoever. If I slid down the road at speed no matter if I have Jesse's it Tusks the pannier will be ruined. The only difference is with the TUSK's I ruined 1 or 2 hundred dollar bills not 10 or 12 of them.

I have mine mounted with TouraTech pucks I repurposed from a set of Zega's I sold off. They are sturdy enough that I could sit, stand, jup uman down on or secure things too w/o fear of damage. IIt really was the same thing when I had Pelican cases on my DL. They are nothing more than low tech boxes with lids. I did spruce up the teck in mine though by adding an 9" LED undercounter light so the pannier can be illuminateed if I want.

While I would not turn Jesse luggage away I'd surely not spend the money on it most do.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited)
Sorry I was off by $5.00 Rocky Mountain ATV -

Tusk medium $224.99 per set
Tusk large - $249.99 per set

A seller on Ebay has large Tusk's in black for $228.99 shipping included

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/...0kWIg8L9CP7W&method=and&isort=score&view=grid

Honestly they are a great value at $250.00. I went back and forth to buy or not to buy. When they arrived I was absolutely 100% satisfied with the money I spent on these panniers. I have made a few mods to them so they suit my need like adding false bottom to keep small stuff LED light for illumination and bed lined the lid so its not so slippery (beer kept sliding off) but even w/o those mods the panniers are great.

Heres a post I made on another site:

After traveling for 11 days with the new Tusk panniers it seemed the tools and little items I did not use often got filtered to the bottom of the pannier with my bags and/or gear on top. So riding 10 to 12 hour days I had lots of thinking time. I thought what about a smugglers box to keep stuff separated. As it turns out the angular space at the bottom of the pannier is about 3 inches tall so this was perfect for the pump, tools and other sundry items. I then took a section of 1" x 1/16" aluminum angle and used the lower bolt hole of the mounting puck to bolt the angle to the side wall of the pannier. I did have to drill the angle 1/4" off center to get the flat of the angle to be closer to 3" to the bottom of the pannier. Then cut a section of 1/4" luan to fit, drilled a finger hole and then painted with some silver wheel paint I had on the shelf.

Turned out exactly like I was hoping. Plenty of space below for items I do not need to access regularly and above is still plenty of room for my cloths bag and/or gear.
I'll probably do the other side as well strictly as a hold for sneakers while traveling. I like wearing sneakers after riding while out for the evening but hate packing them because invariably when out for dinner and drinks when you have to use the loo the floor area around the urinal is covered in piss from all the fellows who lack aim. Then in the morning riding boots on and you pack the pissed up sneakers up in a shoe bag not remembering which way is up and spread the piss all over the bag and the top side of the sneakers. This way I can carry my sneakers to the room and place them sole down in the pannier when done then cover them up with the divider and the stuff on top never has to touch them. When I get home Lysol the bejesus of the pannier.

#8 · (Edited)
I repurposed the hardware off of the Touratech Zega I sold to fund the Tusks.

Happy Trails make pucks or if you are handy there are multiple threads on how to make mounting pucks out of hockey pucks.

I have the ability to make my own and given that if I didn't repurpose the existing hardware I also had a set of Happy Trails mounts waiting in the wings.

For the record I did not buy the four (4) handwheel nuts as they protrude too far into the pannier. I opted for using a M8 button head allen head bolt and just keep a allen wrench in the pannier to loosen the fastener if I want ro detach the pannier(s).

If you want to buy the mounts kit w/o the hand wheels you'll have to call HT and they will sell them individually for something like $7 per.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.