StromTrooper banner

Just got a 2019 V Strom 650 xt

617 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Gert 
#1 ·
Just got one because I wasn't using my supermoto for supermoto "activities" anymore and decided I wanted to go further and ride longer. Looking over this forum for all the tips and tricks and parts recommended. Getting new headlight as I do on all my bikes (most likely cyclops) and then figuring out what else I might want like a real 12v outlet since the one on here is only 3v and won't run a compressor according to a yt review I saw.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Enjoy your new ride, I feel like you're going to love it. I've been living with my '18 for a year now and I have zero regrets in my choice. The bike is not perfect but no bike is. It is, in my humble opinion, probably the best bang for the buck going. Any little personal adjustments you find you'll need will be minor and those are the things we tend to all do to all our bikes, regardless of that starting price tag. So ride a bit, smile a lot, and see what items you might want to add to make it your tailored fit.

#3 ·
Thanks man, I've been riding 14+ years street and still ride my cbr1000RR that was bought when Nicky Hayden won the motogp championship and as a KY boy his same age celebrated buying that. Caught in heavy thunderstorms 15 min after purchasing it and rode it 60 miles regardless since I already got wet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.