StromTrooper banner

Dominator R - Slip On Exhaust

16K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  Webfors 
#1 · (Edited)
I went low cost, after reading several reviews and watching youtube videos I decided on the Dominator Round slip on from Poland. The goal was to get rid of the giant heavy can, lose some weight, and improve the exhaust sound to drown out the 1000's mechanical noise :grin2:

$260 all in (Canadian Dollars), including UPS brokerage/custom fees, shipping and product. Took 10 minutes to install, perfect fit. Tried with baffle out and in. Too loud with the baffle out, unless you're a fan of Harley's. With the baffle in it sounds great, almost stock at idle and cruising, but with serious grunt under load.

Very happy with this purchase. Quality piece, looks well made. Unbelievable that something can come all the way from Poland at this price.

Weight, with exhaust, connecting pipe and baffle comes in at 2230g or 4.9 pounds.

A couple of pics:

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Can't say for sure since I have no baseline to compare against. It's an easy can to open with hex bolts all around. So opening and repacking would be an easy job if needed.

My understanding is that all exhausts eventually need repacking. As to when, that's where you run into debates.

#12 ·
Thanks. I appreciate that and I like to take action where we can to be of service. Right now this one and Delkavic seem like good options for many owners.

We have never sold an Arrow Exhaust for the DL650. They are just simply too expensive. When someone asks about them I feel compelled to point them toward Delkavic. I think I'll just take those pages off our web site and point people to these two sources.

#13 ·
#21 ·
Rim tape if its coming from China is cheaper($3), but takes 6-10 weeks to deliver. Mine came from NY and was here in less than a week(About $7).
Order 2 sets as the 19" front comes up short. Plenty left for fixing mistakes.

#30 ·
I went low cost, after reading several reviews and watching youtube videos I decided on the Dominator Round slip on from Poland. The goal was to get rid of the giant heavy can, lose some weight, and improve the exhaust sound to drown out the 1000's mechanical noise :grin2:

$260 all in (Canadian Dollars), including UPS brokerage/custom fees, shipping and product. Took 10 minutes to install, perfect fit. Tried with baffle out and in. Too loud with the baffle out, unless you're a fan of Harley's. With the baffle in it sounds great, almost stock at idle and cruising, but with serious grunt under load.

Very happy with this purchase. Quality piece, looks well made. Unbelievable that something can come all the way from Poland at this price.

Weight, with exhaust, connecting pipe and baffle comes in at 2230g or 4.9 pounds.

A couple of pics:
Hello, I was curious how the Dominator can is performing for you now that it’s a few years old? How many miles on the pipe if you don’t mind me asking and how many times has it needed repacking? Any chance you have hard bags on the bike? My 22’ came with the factory aluminum ones and was concerned about compatibility? Thanks for the help.

#31 ·
Sold the bike with the pipe on the bike. New owner loves it and I'm not aware of any repacking to date.

I had Givi Alaska hard cases and the PLR Givi side racks. Worked perfectly, no issue.

It was loud and delicious at the same time ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.