StromTrooper banner

Vented Hand Guards?

860 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Dirt_Dad 
#1 ·
The stock hand guards do a pretty good job blocking wind, but some airflow would be nice in warmer weather. I commute on busy freeways and want/need the hand protection year ‘round. Has anyone ‘vented’ the Suzuki guards with a way to close them off for cold/wet weather? Has anyone used the Powermadd vented guards?

Thanks!

#3 ·
You could probably use a Dremel and grind out vents in the guards in such a way that they look nice, and be functional. Then add a strip of Velcro along the top and bottom edges, and make up a cover to go over the outside of the guards for wet or cold weather. If you left enough material on the guards (kinda have to, or you'd lose strength) then even soft covers made of nylon, or cut from an old rain coat should work. Find something that matches or compliments your bike and you can make them look pretty nice.

Jim

#4 ·
All our Suzuki guards are vented. Just using plastic hole covers from a hardware store. Granted, none of the local HW stores around here had any that large, but another member here had them in his local store. Works great.

#6 ·
Oooohh. I like that. Any noise issues? If you did it over again, would you stay with the same pattern, or more (but smaller) holes?

I'm sensing a hardware stop stop today...

Thanks!
Noise? Don't know. I wear ear plugs. I'd probably move the entire patter over a little more towards the center of the bike for better flow over the hands. Yes, it's an easy mod and I would definitely do it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.