Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Recommendations for a Newbee on a DL650
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 04-22-2019, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
bonne
Stromthusiast!

Recommendations for a Newbee on a DL650

So... going to pick a brand new DL650 tomorrow.

I have been driving cars for the last 30 years, but after hiring a scooter on a vacation in Spain, I feel for it.

Being 2m tall (something like 6'6 I think), I am quite limited on what to chose as most bikes simply are to small for me. I have been test driving BMW F700gs, Honda ST1300, Suzuki DL650. I was also sitting on a 1200GSA, Honda Africa Twin which are also quite big, But test driving the DL650 made certain that I wanted it. Easy handling, cost efficient, fun bike.

As this is a new bike, I want to break it in correctly. Any recommandations for this? Test driving it was a bit has for me to figure out which RPM's the bike likes as there are quite a lot of noise driving a bike compared to driving a car.

Speaking of noise. Wind noise is quite much on this bike being 2m tall. Any recommandations for a windscreen that is optimal for us tall riders on a DL650?

The bike comes as standard. I would like decent but inexpensive topbox, panniers and what else would be generel needed for an MC. What can you recommend, and where to buy (in EU)?

Is this an attractive bike for thieves? I mean... how well should I guard it?

Anything else to recommend for a Newbee on a DL650?

Regards, Lars.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome