Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - One way to enlarge the capacity of the ADV side boxes
View Single Post
post #42 of Old 04-14-2019, 10:54 AM
chicago
$tromtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerazziMx14 View Post
This is why ever since I have been gainfully employed I have chosen hotels. My idea of roughing it is when the lounge/restaurant is not connected to the hotel and I have to walk a few hundred yards to get a drink and a nice hot meal and then more drinks followed my after dinner drinks and then a night cap.

Call me crazy but after a day of riding I like a nice shower, soft bed, room with heating /cooling. A toilet and running water are also nice.

Camping to me is the 9th level of Hell.
I've done that a time or two myself but I really enjoy the fire in the evening and the different bird sounds plus the odd animal that wanders through. One morning several pronghorns came by, another a lone skunk. Shinning a flashlight into the darkness can sometimes see eyes reflecting back at you. Coyotes, raccoons. When car camping outside of campgrounds I carry a charcoal barbecue for the evening fire. Keeps things safe and doesn't leave a trace plus easy to snuff at bedtime just put the cover on.

14 tooth for me

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome