Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - DL 650A needs brake pads
View Single Post
post #13 of Old 03-25-2019, 08:11 AM
Leon
Stromthusiast!
Junior Trooper

Garage
I used HH rated EBC on the last Blade I had and I really liked them, very strong and didn't need to get up to much temperature to work well. I didn't notice any grabbiness or un-nerving sudden bite even when hard on the front brake and they were never anything but controllable. They did however ruin the discs pretty rapidly but I did put a fair few track days on them.

I'm using GG in the Wee at the moment and I can honestly say that for everyday riding they are fine. Better in the wet than the HH's but not as strong in the dry. Work well from the start of a ride, even in the cold, with good feel and are nicely progressive. When these ones wear through I'll replace with the same. I feel that these work best for me on the road.

I've used the cheaper Chinese stuff from Amazon and Ebay on a bike when I needed to save money and was not impressed. No feel and lacked initial bite. Felt like the brakes needed bleeding. You really do get what you pay for.

The more you think the less the better.

Notable bikes: SV650S (Sold), Kawasaki ER5 (Being repaired), 01 Blade (Sold), Another SV650S (Sold), 05 GSXR1000 (Sold), Suzuki GSF400Z (Sold), Yamaha FZR400RR Streetfighter (Sold), Kawasaki GPZ500S (Sold), Yamaha XJ600 Divvie (Crashed), 04 Kawasaki ZX10R (Written off at Snetterton), GSX750X (Sold), 04 ZX6R (Sold), 02 ZX6R (Sold), 94 FZR600R (Sold), 91 NC30 (Sold and missed), 87 GSXR750 (Sold and really missed), RD125LC (Crashed, rebuilt then sold).

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome