Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Sprocket Carrier Bearing & Local Bearing Supply Houses
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 03-06-2019, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
jathkajoe
Stromthusiast!

Thank you for the responses.

Yarz1: I'd not heard of Pivotworks before. Was the sprocket carrier bearing they supplied single or double sealed?

RichlandRick: I'll check out Ranch and Home. I've often found ag supply shops have the best assortment of metric fasteners, maybe they'll have bearings too.

MAZ4ME: If the Suzuki bearing was double sealed I'd go with it. The single seal is why I want to replace the bearing. The gap between the unsealed side of the bearing and the dirt shield they call a seal lets in grit. I like gravel and dirt on this beast. Yes, I keep the void between the bearing and the dirt shield packed with grease, still, it lets in grit. I'll fix my info so the year of the bike is evident. Good guess, it's a 2006.

Demache: Was the NSK bearing double sealed? I'll see if I can find their website. That's pretty good service from afar.

WildDoktor: Is your $8.00 bearing double sealed? First thing I did after I bought the bike was purchase RichlandRick's spacer kit and mirror extenders. Both work very well. I am disappointed though that when I finally get a Vstrom RichlandRick has moved his business from just down the street to the other side of the USA.

Deicer crews were out in force, looks like another round of snow, sleet, and freezing rain rolling in tonight. If no work tomorrow (I drive school bus) it'll be a good time to get the bearing ordered.

Thanks again for your input!

JathkaJoe

JathkaJoe 2006 DL1000

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome