Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Raising and Lowering Links
View Single Post
post #67 of Old 03-03-2019, 11:36 AM
Hogges
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum Runner View Post
Going to work on getting lowering links installed. If the picture doesn’t come through I lifted rear of bike only using my stand that lifts it by the swing arm just under the rear axle. I’m just trying to get it straight up to work on it being I have no center stand. I’m pretty sure I still need to do the lifting Up under the rear seat by strapping it to a beam in my garage. But the question is by lifting the rear off the ground using the swing arm will it interfere with getting the links on and off?

To install the lowering links you need to lift the rear tire to the point where it almost leaves the ground but still carries a bit of its own weight. I left my bike on the side stand and then used a small automotive scissor jack under the right side brake lever pivot. I had my son help with a wrench to keep the nut on the left side from spinning while I unscrewed the bolt from the right side of the bike. If you get the weight on the rear tire just right then the bolt comes out easy and the links can be swapped in a matter of minutes after also unscrewing the upper bolt, which now merely holds the links.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome