StromTrooper banner

C23 error code and Healtech

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  nbmoosehunter 
#1 ·
Hello all. I have just installed a Healtech gear position indicator on my 2011 Wee. I am getting error code C23 which I believe is telling me that there is an issue with the GPS. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I am awaiting a response from Healtech but figure I would pick the brains here while waiting.

#3 ·
On my K6 Wee the HealTech GIPRO-DS connected to the diagnostic connector which was located near the battery & tool tray and underneath the Tip Over Sensor which had to be removed to get to the connector. Any chance your 2011 is the same and maybe the sensor was put back upside down or something?

#5 ·
I recently installed their GIpro ATRE and had no problems other than the cable wasn't long enough to put the display where I wanted. Had them make up an extender cable for it.

You may want to pull the connectors apart and check the pins to make sure there's none out of place, pushed out, etc.

And, check with Healtech. Their CS has been very responsive to my inquiries.

Good luck.

#7 ·
I expect your talking about the gear position sensor. As an old school computer tech where we had to troubleshoot down to the component level, that doesn't make sense to me that it would be a sensor problem since there is no problem when the GIpro is removed from the circuit.

Also, I'm assuming you have a good power connection. Does the display on the GIpro light up at all when it's in the circuit?

Just some thoughts.

#10 ·
I was not suggesting that you would find a dangling ground wire. In the little wiring harness that is part of the GI Pro, there should be three conductors (wires). Red, green and black. In your picture, I see the green (ground) wire. The three wires are for power, signal and ground. In my case, I kept getting C31 code. Failed gear position sensor. I struggled with this problem for a long time. I replaced the gear position sensor and the GI Pro. By the way, the problem was intermittent, which made it more difficult to diagnose. Finally, one of the guys at Healtech suggested that I get the ground wire in the GI Pro harness connected directly to the battery. I taped into the green wire, connected it to the negative terminal of the battery and all has been good.

Send a note to support at Healtech and they will help you with connecting the ground wire to the battery.

#11 ·
Actually that was the OP's picture not mine. I didn't have any problems with my installation.

But, that's interesting that the GIpro wasn't getting a good ground through the wiring harness. I wonder what else wasn't getting a good ground before you installed the extra ground wire.

Thanks for the information.

#13 ·
Been a while since my last post. Got the replacement indicator and installed it. Hooked it up directly to the battery with a switch to shut it off when the bike wasn't running. Worked beautifully. No error codes when the indicator was switched on before turning the key. Unfortunately I got rear-ended at an intersection a couple of weeks ago and my 2011 Wee was written off. I got off lucky with a sore pinky and a sore left butt cheek. Picked up a 2015 Wee XT as soon as I could and got back in the saddle. Acceleration between the two is markedly different. The 15 would utterly destroy my 11.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.