StromTrooper banner

Replacing the Saw Blade

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Motor7 
#1 ·
The difference is crazy. between a "saw blade" and the new sprocket. This is how it was on the bike when I got it. I would guess it has about 60,000kms on it.

Attachments

See less See more
#10 ·
Yes, I keep finding more and more on the bike. (nothing to crazy yet).

I can only imagine that the valves need to be checked. I do not know how to do it, but I haven't read the service manual yet on it.

I might just take that into a shop next year to do that and flush my brake fluid. (might be safer this way)

#6 ·
I swear I don't know how you guys get that kinda mileage out of a chain and or sprockets....there is something wrong with my right wrist for sure.

^ joking aside, this was the result of a cheapo chain and the aftermath of a bearded cretin bike shop mechanic removing a link and over pressing the master so I could limp down the road to a real motorcycle shop.

#7 ·
M7, to many, maintenance is a 4-letter word. They ride it til it quits or lose forward motion.
Ive taken spark plugs out of motorcycles that had no center electrodes, air filters where you couldnt see the pleats in the element through the dirt, molasses-like brake fluid, tires with cord showing, and yet they would point, smile and say.."Hey!-look at the new slip-on I just put on!". Or..."My bike wont start. It ran yesterday--what could be wrong?"
Me: "Does it crank and not run, or does it not crank?" Them: "It cranks slow then quits cranking." Me: "How old is the battery?" Them: "It's 8 years old, but I charge it the night before I ride it. It should be OK, I charged it all night long."
I get cramps in my eyelids from rolling my eyes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.