Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Raising and Lowering Links
View Single Post
post #58 of Old 05-01-2018, 07:49 PM
BKP
Stromthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyC View Post
I have a 2013 Wee that I just ended up dropping today because I am short and had issues maneuvering with my feet. If I use lowering links will i have to replace the kick stand?
I had a 2013 Wee that I lowered as well. At that time, I bought a Soupy's adjustable kickstand. Worked very well for me. Without it, the bike didn't have enough lean on the OEM stand.
I now have a 2017 Wee. I've just recently lowered it 3/4" using Rick's (Adventuretech) 147mm links (also dropped the triple tree 3/4" to keep the same bike geometry, as I did on the 2013). I love the difference it makes -- better handling, easier to duck-walk it around -- everything you lower a bike for. Btw, I'm 5'9" 29-30" inseam.

Strange thing is, with the 2017, I don't seem to need the Soupy's kickstand. It still has adequate lean on the stock. And, of course, I went out and pre-bought the Soupy's kickstand in anticipation.

So, my advice is lower your 2013... Decide if you think you need to swap out kickstands. If you do, and you want a Soupy's, you can have mine for 50% off -- it's brand new, never installed it...

Let me know.

Barry
2017 Pearl White 650

AdventureTech lowering links and GPS mount
AdventureTech +2" SS braided brake line
Madstad windscreen
GPI spools, SW Motech risers
Givi XS307 Tanklock bag and Givi 46L top case
Suzuki hard case saddlebags

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome