StromTrooper banner

Air Filter throttle body boot connection

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  greywolf 
#1 ·
I have read here lots of folks are having trouble doing a throttle body synchronization and finding out the problem is related to the boots beings loose on the air filter connection.

How do you get your hands on the throttle body connection for the boot? Do you have to take the tank off?

My bike is a 2004 DL1000.

I know my problem is related to the throttle body synchronization. My homemade pressure gauge shows me that much. When I get both sides balanced, it really runs bad.

#2 ·
You need to take off the tank and possibly the air box to get your hands on the connection. You probably can see the connections to check them without doing that though. It's the throttle body connection to the cylinders that causes more severe problems rather than the connection to the air box although both are important.

#3 ·
Thanks for the pointers about which connection causes the most trouble. I did realize there were two. I can see the forward cylinder connection easy enough for but have no idea how to get at either. The back cylinder I have only been able to locate the connection to the cylinder not the connection to the air filter housing.

Do you know how to get to the connections to the cylinders?

#4 ·
If you can see that the connections are good, you don't need to do anything. If you can't see and suspect a problem or if you can see a problem, find the thread on removing the tank in the maintenance section because that is the next step.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.