StromTrooper banner

Trip ending oops

4K views 35 replies 27 participants last post by  Slow Eddie 
#1 ·
I had my chain and sprockets go at the halfway point on a trip once, managed to limp home as my available timeline would not allow me to sit and wait anywhere for a few days for parts to arrive. I have chain and sprockets ready for this trip.

What other events have happened to cause the end of a trip?

Obviously a crash or injuries of some kind, but lets not think about that too much since prevention is not always manageable, assuming bike is running correctly, your paying attention and not tired or angry.

Flat tires can be patched, as long as the tires are not worn beyond hope.

Bad fuel could be a concern, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to filter the gas coming into the tank.

What things have ended a trip for you?

#34 ·
Gotcha...

Be careful of going to cheap on the battery packs.

My XP3 has been rock solid. I did not even bother with a USB socket on the CBF - I just run the Nav from the XP-3 - it's just sooooooo useful.

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/products/micro-starts/xp-3/

I know and this is why I have not purchased one yet. I don't want to have to buy it twice. Not too soon anyways.
Thanks for the suggestion Mac, I will definitely check it out.
PB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#35 ·
A few times riding with my Harley friends. I'm sure many of you know what I'm talking about.

#36 ·
I was going to S. Dakota on my 650 V-Strom . I almost made it to Rapid City when a lady in a van pulled up beside me on the interstate blowing her horn and pointing at the bike. I was on fire ! My tail bag came undone and slipped down onto the muffler. Lots of essentials were burned up or scattered on I-90 . Other bad luck had already struck so I camped poorly that night and headed home in the am. Looking back I should have manned up , gone on , replaced my necessaries , and finished my trip.

Reactions: DaveinNC
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.