StromTrooper banner

Laminar Lip/Ears all gone.

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Vicar 
#1 ·
After less than a year of use, my Laminar Lip and Ears, launched off the bike this morning while I was traveling less than 55 mph. The car behind me "ate" them.
I suspect the "hooks" on the 3M tape lost their gription over time.

The Vicar

#2 ·
You had that heavy-duty plastic velcro stuff, right? It doesn't lose grip, at least not that I'm aware. It may have vibrated loose, but that is a bit different.

I was following Seth when he went down hard in some mud:
http://perljam.net/moto/cts2004/mud/index.html

The lip came off due to the velcro. No damage, it reattached easily.

-ted

#4 ·
Yep, been there, done that! You'll see my message about that in the thread about "windshields". Mine was fine for about 10,000 miles, then just "flipped off" while I was riding on the highway. I was able to find mine, but it wouldn't re-attach firmly at all, then just up and fell off when I was stopped, and didn't notice it. The "velcro" was flat worn out. They warn you not to remove it more than 8 or 10 times, but I had only removed mine one time. What to do?

#5 ·
I liked the way the lip worked, but it needed to be 2-3 inches taller (for me), I never did like the attachment method. I guess I will take this a "challenge" to design and build my own version with the bugs worked out. :D
The Vicar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.