StromTrooper banner

Anyone willing to help mount a tire?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  D.T O.M. Tim 
#1 ·
I am currently on a multiple month long tour of the states. I started in Philadelphia and have made it as far as Jackson, WY so far. Before leaving I put a set of Shinko 705s on my strom, and after almost 5,000 miles, the rear is down to about 1/4" tread. My (semi) final destination is San Fransisco, where I have to be by Aug 18th for work. I plan on going from WY up through Montana into Canada, west to to Vancouver, then down the coast to San Fran. Seeing as I have no way of jacking up my bike and taking the wheel and tire to a dealer to be changed, it is going to cost me an arm and a leg. Are there any troopers along the pacific coast who would be willing to help me out in changing the tire out in exchange for a six pack and some good karma?

Lucas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I am in Enumclaw, about 40 miles or so to the southeast of Seattle, and would be glad to help, depending on your schedule. Let me know if you're interested and when you think you'll be through the area. I am about to order another Shinko for mine, and could order one for you at the same time if that helps.

#12 ·
I dont know where youre at with your trip but i have a strom lift in my garage, a bead breaker, lots of irons, torque wrenches, wheel weights and a balancing stand, well, you get the idea.....Im just east of sacramento about 10 minutes off of I-80...I do regular tire changes. I dont drink beer but i will take the good Karma

#14 ·
A tire problem had me stuck in Pocatella ID. I had a tire drop shipped to me there and the local Honda dealer sent a minion to get me and the tire to the shop where he changed it out for $20 bucks.
I gave the minion a fiver for his bother and was on my way.
It's not a terrible cost to check with dealers, even if they are not Suzuki, when on the road. Several on line suppliers will send tires over night too.
If you are really adventurous, you carry a tire with you. I got one at a good price at a rally and it caused many interesting conversations strapped to the back of the bike as I motored on my way.
I hope you are a gracious guest and bring a bottle of wine for the house and a bouquet of flowers for the lady of the house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.