Come play in Beautiful Southern Utah!

Lodging: Wonderland RV - Tents $10 per person per night. Cabins available $30 +
1-877-854-0184
capitolreefrvpark.com
(make your own registration)
Ask for the "Cache Rally" group rate.

Itinerary;
Friday night dinner - Red Cliff Restaurant
Saturday night dinner - Slackers Burger Joint.

A few area highlights;

Torrey - Capitol Reef National Park - 5 miles
Torrey - Zion NP - 170 miles
Torrey - Bryce NP - 113 miles
Torrey - hwy 12 - 0 miles (ranked as one of the top 5 motorcycle roads in the USA)
Torrey - Burr Trail - 37 miles - Lake Powell 190 - back to Torrey 304 miles
Torrey - Hells Backbone (40 miles dirt) - Escalante - Torrey 145

I'll have maps and/or directions of those and several other rides.
*4th annual pannier stickers $7.00*

Here are some photos of Torrey and the Burr trail;
Tombstone's Travels: Torrey, Utah.

See less See more
#2 ·
That was quick!

No time like RIGHT NOW to make plans for next year! Cabin #1 reserved for Friday and Saturday night, June 9-10, and I'm sleeping with my Sidi boots on in the meantime ready to ride... :grin2:

Reactions: Highwayman2016
#3 ·
No time like RIGHT NOW to make plans for next year! Cabin #1 reserved for Friday and Saturday night, June 9-10, and I'm sleeping with my Sidi boots on in the meantime ready to ride... :grin2:
Wow...you got your's before I got mine! I need to catch up!!

Reactions: Solo Moto
#4 ·
Is there dirt lodging? Unless, the snore monsters share a cabin. I have ear plugs.
You be quick on the res, man! Looking forward to a one day ride.
My Sidi boot zipper died on the last trip. Hope to have it fixed before the next cache rally.
Did the box finally get traded off?

#14 ·
Well, SOMEBODY has to "sweep" to make sure this old fart makes it back to camp before dinner! Really appreciate the suspension overview at the rally... all new to me (I just ride these things). It won't be this year, but I've been paying attention to my ride and realizing, as good as my V2 is, I need to ride down and spend a day in Eagle at your shop getting squared away. :fineprint:

#11 ·
While there are 5 cabins, there are only 2 of the small (cheap) ones. I had to catch up to Mikes and made my reservation... now there is only one small cabin left.

Reactions: Solo Moto
#15 ·
Following and hoping too be back to riding condition after my neck fusion.
Worse case may appear in the truck.
Mike

Reactions: 2mstone
#19 ·
We need to reach out to the Havasu Gathering guys and invite since its not much farther for some to Torrey.
Mike

#21 ·
Vstrom Cache Gathering group on Facebook now.
Feel free to invite everyone to join it.
Tombstone, it looks like you had dropped out from when it was the Havasu Gathering so I cannot add you.
Join and I'll make you an Admin.
Also Made Andreas Admin.
Mike

#29 · (Edited)
A 320 mile round trip from Torrey gets you to this gem: The Moki Dugway - a 33 mile road, 3 miles unpaved.

Or the Burr Trail, less than 80 miles away (or a 220 mile loop to Hite marina, US 95 and back to Torrey);

#30 ·
A friend took a couple other fellers on the Dugway earlier this year. None ore really dirt riders and were on touring bikes.
They made it up fine and now one of them likes to be referred to as Dug! Right of passage for the riders? If you Utube it there are vids of Harley and GoldWing riders negotiating it easily.

#33 ·
We were two Harleys, one Goldwing, and my Yamaha, no problems at all. It really is a nicely maintained road. However, I'm not certain I would like to do it when the road is wet....

#35 ·
Tent sites in Torrey? Yes...annnnd No.
LOL
She told me they will fit in as many show up, but they actually only have ten sites, the Nervous Nellie in me would go nuts if I didn't have a reservation.

How's that for a politician type answer?? :laugh2:

Reactions: Motobillb
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.