StromTrooper banner

Engine Guard/Crash Guard bags

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  sanmusa 
#1 ·
Need a little help. I am looking for some small bags that can be mounted to the DL650A engine guards. Something large enough to carry the phone, documentation, some tools, etc.

Can you show me what you are using and possibly recommend a source?

Thanks for your help.

#5 ·
I used military surplus M40 gas mask carriers, that I picked up for (if I recall correctly) six bucks each at a surplus store near Asheboro, NC. I cut the straps off and used them to re-make some new straps that I added velcro to and then sewed them to the rear of the bag, at locations where they would wrap around my crash bars. If I was going to do it again, I'd save myself some work and just use the two sided velcro tape they sell at hardware stores.

Eventually I remade them into the second version you see in the photos, for my Super Tenere. They were spray painted black with Krylon Fusion spray paint.

These bags are very heavy duty nylon, and will stand up to a lot of abuse. I made them about three years ago and I'm still using them. The paint tends to wear off over time, so I probably wouldn't paint them again, but otherwise they are very useful, simple to make, and cheap.

Attachments

#11 ·
As promised, here are two pictures of the Wolfman bags on my Strom. I stuffed a size 10 running show to the bag for good measure, they're quite roomy inside.

Installed with zipper facing forward. I would like to install it with zipper facing up but that will require changing the upper mount, I think it will be possible once I get a Wolfman Tank Bag.

It doesn't stick too far off the side, your handlebar is wider.

And I know mine is a 650, but you get the picture...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.