Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - 2017 North American V-Strom Rally?
View Single Post
post #12 of Old 05-18-2016, 09:26 AM
basketcase
aka Rick in Alabama

Garage
Everything realshelby said is spot-on.

Also -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sappuer View Post
National rallies also do well when they are in a similar time frame each year but rotate venues. ... snip ...

It can always go back to a locale after several iterations. It would make it a lot more appealing to a greater range of riders imho.

I like the idea though
Attendance of "nearby" riders (relatively speaking) at any event will naturally be impacted by proximity. With that said, a four or five year rotation that is known in advance will foster greater attendance over the long haul as people can plan well in advance.

When my buddy and I did the CDT in 2010 we were at the end of a three year plan, the last six months of which was devoted to acquiring and outfitting the bikes.

Assuming I live long enough and the TDM factors are all equal, I'm already planning my soon after retirement last big trip.

A man has to have goals, you know?

Current rides: 2001 GL1800, 2014 DL650 Adventure; Gone away: 5 BMW's, 4 Honda's, 2 Suzuki's
------------
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -Marcus Aurelius

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome