StromTrooper banner

ECM access

9K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  G-Dub 
#1 ·
I don't have a manual but I need to get access to the ECM for a possible flash. Can someone direct me to where its located and how accessible it is. I was able to flash my 2013 S10 and it's been a great upgrade.

#2 ·
The ECM is #8. The ability to change settings by flashing is severely limited. The Euro remedy has been replacement. ECU warranty replacement

#3 ·
It's hard to get to just like it is to get to the battery. There's a plastic cover that you have to remove to get to the ECU. There's two screws, one in the front and one on the left side of the cover. You have to remove the rubber band holding the tool kit which is simple but the hard part is getting that plastic cover off. I could not find any special way to do it other that reach from underneath the seat lock and try to work it out. Biggest PITA of any bike I've owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Remove seat.Remove toolkit. Remove 2 screws holding plastic relay tray. Move relay tray to the side exposes ECU. Unplug harness x2 and ECU is free. Allow 10 mins to do it the first time, then it only takes less than 5 after that.

Reactions: Bad Dad
#5 ·
If Suzuki is not going to do an ECU replacement under warranty, I would hope they would at least have some sort of reasonably priced exchange. Anyone know if there is any precedent for that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.