StromTrooper banner

Motards,circus bears and the int. cycle show

970 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  elbrown 
#1 ·
I could not wait for the International motorcycle show in Greenville SC. I salivated all week at work thinking about it. The motards have seemed to have captured my imagination. I was really looking foward to seeing the Aprilia Dursodoro.
So the big day arrives and the pretty one and I head for the show. We arrived around 11am Saturday. There was quite few folks in line to get in. I was stoked.
I started looking for the Aprilia Dursodoro. I managed to find it at the back of the B(ike) M(ade) W(rong display. Why on earth would you put a beautiful Italian behind the BMW's?
I stood back and checked the bike out as the pretty one looked on. So she says sit on it, you know you want to. Then she says I'll take a picture. So I throw a leg over it and it feels right. Nice height good bar placement and I'm thinking, SHORT LIST. She snaps the pic.and the sales rep says,well what do you think. I said I love it. Then the pretty one shows me the pic with a sly smile on her face. I took a look, son of a....... I looked like a freaking circus bear on a bicycle. With a tear in my eye ,I crossed it off my short list.
Undeterred I headed to the KTM display. Their motards are tall I figured I would fit pretty good. I threw a leg over and the seat disappeared between my man glutes. It felt like a power wedgy. Holy crap! The short list keeps getting shorter.
So, I think Ducati. We walked into the Ducati display I saw the Motard and heard angels singing. Just beautiful, red, white and green. I threw a leg over it and the seat felt good. Momma took the pic and showed it to me. So now I'm really depressed I don't even fit on a bike I can't afford.
After all that, Momma took me by the Victory display to play poser for the camera. I sat on the Hammer and it fit. The only bike I fit on and you must assume the gyno exam position to ride it, butt low feet high and wide.
Well I think the pretty one saw I was pretty bummed and took me out for a nice Italian meal. The food was great, I fit in the booth and I could afford it. The day wasn't so bad after all.

See less See more
#2 ·
Mike,

Where are the photos?

We could all use a good laugh.

#3 ·
Photos?

The photos are far too sad to post on the net. The people that know and love me would be very upset if they saw them. So, since you guys aren't included in the aforementioned group I will be happy to show them when we get together for a ride. Ah yes good times,good times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.