StromTrooper banner

Kick stand kill switch

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  MontanaGuy 
#1 ·
I have 125 miles on my new 2014 Vee. I hit the smallest of twigs along the dirt road that I live on and it took out the kill switch on the kick stand. Totally killed the bike. Fortunately, the wires were almost separated from the switch and I was able to splice them together. I am thinking that it is better to leave it disconnected since it leads with its chin.

Has anyone else had this issue? I have been riding Stroms since 2003 and this is the first time for me.

Loving this weather in SE Michigan!!

#3 ·
....and they are prone to causing intermittent stalling problems when they play up, as do clutch switches, but the safetycrats decree that we 'must' have these items for our own safety.....

#4 ·
Personally I leave the "safety" features alone.
But also believe we are over policed in the safety dept. We now have cars with avoidance collision sensors, self parking, automatic relaying of breakdown/accident to a monitoring base cruise control etc etc.
What this ultimately does is degrade the drivers awareness and skills.
We become lazy and complacent.
I know people who are unable to drive a manual car.

#5 ·
I installed the Euro Guardian skid plate on my 650 DL, along with their optional kick stand switch protector. It works well! Took a rock in the switch area in Utah, chipped a bit of paint off the protector and that was it. Might have smashed up that switch otherwise....:smile2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.