StromTrooper banner

Calling All Sargent Seat Owners

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  scoprire 
#1 ·
I just bought a new sargent and was wondering if the seat gets better, I have put about 3 or 400 miles on it . I am planning a trip to Key West and Daytona during bike week, need to be as comfortable as possible.

#2 ·
I think it does break in after a bit. Seems softer later.
I ended up ordering a RDL instead as the Sargent is made for short people with big cutouts at the front. The cutouts would dig in my thighs after a while.
Never liked the slanting forward back of the seat either. Makes it nearly impossible to sit back there where its wide.

WAY better than stock and i think it does break in as it seemed more comfortable the longer i had it. Could just be in my head though?
You might call Sargent and ask them.

#3 ·
I like to do over 600 miles most days. An Alaska Leather medium size sheepskin pad is a perfect fit on the Sargent Worldsport and adds that little bit of extra comfort that makes a big difference at the end of the day.

#4 ·
I expected my sargent to be slightly softer at first, but like a chair, couch, or truck seat it slightly softens and molds over time. Temperature seems to make the biggest difference in it's softness.

#5 ·
I can't say mine has broken in. My big ass pretty much crushed it the first time. However, with time *I* go more used to its feel. Now, I think it is perfectly acceptable, and I have no motivation to upgrade. That said, if I had to do it all over and had the money, I would probably go with the RDL. Otherwise, the Sargent is just fine for me. (probably pushing 1000 miles since Christmas)

#6 ·
From the Sargent FAQs
Does your foam require a break-in period? No. While our seat foam may experience some "compression set" or "settling" to your specific body contours resulting in improved comfort over time, it should be very comfortable right out of the box.

W/ that said, I think it does get more comfortable over time. It may just be getting used to it, but it does seem to settle in like a comfy chair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.