Stromtrooper Forum : Suzuki V-Strom Motorcycle Forums - View Single Post - Want to set up trip to Central America from Guadalajara Area
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 11-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Axeman

You want to ride CA down to Panama(?), unless you are a glutton for punishment, there is no need to go "off road", the secondary roads are bad enough with lots of pot holes and a few stretches of no pavement. A DL either 650 or 1000 is more than enough to "venture" through Central America. Other than the usual "tourist traps" most CA towns don't offer much as far as entertainment or interest, they are just simple people, farmers, and little shop keepers trying to survive.

I've been here in Honduras now for 1.5 years and have never needed any "off road tires", I have PR3's and the few times I have hit non-pavement roads, I have had no problem getting through.

Some of the border crossings are a bigger issue than what tires you run.

As always, just my 2 cents (Lempiras) worth.

K9 Vee
Farkles: SW-Motech bash plate and center stand; PCV; RR-Peg lowering kit, mirror extenders, Rear axle shim kit, GPS Mount; Super Brace; National V-Stream wind screen; 17/43 Sprockets; Ivans TRE; TouraTech 35L panniers; Givi 52L top case; LeoVince SBK exhaust; Corbin seat, Rox risers, Gailer SS clutch and brake lines; Madstad bracket; Grip Puppies; Cramp Buster; Werks clutch basket

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome