StromTrooper banner

Modified Seat Enduro Style for tall rider by Fisher

12K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Motor7 
#1 · (Edited)
Modified Seat (Enduro Style) for tall rider, by Fisher

I realize there is a thread with links to hundreds of seat-related posts here
http://www.stromtrooper.com/v-strom...9566-seats-q-all-you-could-ask-then-some.html
but didn't see anything about Fisher... might have missed it.
I bought a used Vee seat on this forum and sent it to Fisher Saddlebags & Seats in Idaho after talking a few times with Nate there. Fisher Seats - Custom Aftermarket Motorcycle Seat Modification $179.99
Nate showed me a photo of a seat they'd done that was similar to what I was I hoping to have created: Fisher Seats - Aftermarket Suzuki Seats $179.99 - DR 200 350 650
First they cut the hump of the hard plastic pan out, and then riveted a new piece of plastic in to patch the hole, but a flat piece. Then they rebuilt the seat making it a little taller, a little wider, a little firmer, all with better foam for a big guy (6-2, 260). Re-used the original seat cover. It allows me to scoot back a ways and still be on good foam support and not on the ridge or hump, which is where my butt wanted to be all the time. Raises me up a bit for better leg room too. I have not had a chance yet to do any long rides, but I can tell already that it is an improvement. First time I get a chance to do some hours in it I will post an update.
Here are a few comparison photos:

See less See more
#8 ·

Actually, it is the opposite. Yes, it is slightly sloped forward at the front, but actually noticeably less so than it was originally (we reduced that slope intentionally) and more importantly, the part where me wee butt sits is flat now, as on the orginal seat I sat directly on the steepest part of the forward slope.
This definitely reduced the feeling of sliding forward.

#4 ·
The underside is not changed. The top of the seat has changed from humped to flat as shown in the picture.

#6 ·
I stand corrected.

#12 · (Edited)
I had Fisher do one for me, but since I am tall he did not cut out the hump, merely covered it with foam. I have put 5,000 miles on it and my only issue was when feet on the pegs, I felt like I was slightly being pulled forward w/hips rotating down & forward. To counter this I used my highway pegs quite a bit. Off pavement the seat is perfect allowing me to move up or back as needed.

I talked to Nate Fisher about the issue and he is a great guy and willing to work on the seat again to modify it. Instead I opted to have Terry Adcox build me one over 2" taller than stock also covering the hump but adding the "wings" for the hips. It is also a bit wider than the Fisher. Terrys seat fits my arse much better and I no longer have any issues with my seat. I can do 10 hour days & have logged over 9,000 miles on the Adcox seat. In my opinion, it's that help me the most by supporting the hips & not allowing them to droop of rotate forward.

I suspect the Fisher would work much better for someone with less that a 36" inseam :/ & my buddy is now using it who is 6'2 w/34" inseam...no problems.

My Fisher:

My Adcox:

Side by side:

Both Terry and Nate are great guys to work with...highly recommend both of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.