StromTrooper banner

1st big ride with the new screen

3K views 7 replies 0 participants last post by  FRANK 
G
#1 ·
I ended buying the Cee Baileys 28 1/4" windscreen and what a huge difference it made :D I did just over 600 miles over the weekend (averaging 100mph) and the screen was brilliant. by the time I got to the destination the screen was completely covered in bugs but I only had 3 on my visor (with the stock screen it was usually 50/50...but you already know that) my neck wasn't stiff and my wife said it made a huge difference for her (less buffeting) one big test was the fact that when we cruise at 90-100mph our helmets would push back and make our sunglasses dig into our noses, this didn't happen in the slightest neither did the dreaded helmet lift (when the wind tries to lift the helmet off your head).
I had concerns about extended highspeed running with the screen being 1.8mm thick but even with 45 minutes at 120mph, no problems.

overall I give the Ceebaileys windscreen 9.5 out of 10, even the service I got from them was fantastic.

trust me, if you plan to tour buy it, it's worth every penny

here's the link
http://www.ceebaileys.com/suzuki/vstromwsel.html

G
#6 ·
Hi everyone

I have some pics but I don't have anywhere to upload them to, when I do I'll put them up

BTW, I should explain that I was riding through France on the autoroutes and while I was going (well) over the 80mph speed limit I was nowhere near the fastest thing out there, I was getting passed quite often, I had an Audi diesel station wagon go sailing by me like I was standing still and I was already doing 110 mph!! riding in France is nuts....I love it.
I was doing about 90mph (a previous trip) and I was passed by the motorcycle cops and they didn't even blink...

G
#7 ·
Howboucha Viggen!
E-Mail me the photos and I will put them on the stromtrooper.com server and we can link them on the message board that way. Try to keep them somewhat lower res so I can upload them. I live in the woods and my internet connection is very very slow.
Brendan

Oh yeah, e-mail them to this address.
bkearns@howboucha.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.