StromTrooper banner

Getting a new 2014 Vee.

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  ColoradoSagebrush 
#1 ·
Hi guys.
My dealer has a new 2014 vee on the showroom floor and I can get a good deal on it, and I am about to pop it.
I have several questions for you regarding that.
1. Is there any difference between 2014 and 2015 model ?
2. from what I have read here I should not get any Suzuki accesories, instead get aftermarket stuff, is that correct ?
3. I havent had a bike for a long time now (15 years) so I need to get new gear and all. Is there anything on top of your head that you can advice ?

#2 ·
I advise a good helmet on the top of your head ! :mrgreen:
Congrats on a great bike, you will love it. Don't think that there are any big differences between the two models other than mainly color...get a good bash plate to protect that vulnerable oil filter. I have Yann's and highly recommend it -

#3 ·
First of all - if you are referring to the 650 you shouldn't call it a Vee as that mean the 1000cc for most people here.
Some call the +2012 650 for Glee, but I won't...

Back to the questions.

1. No
2. Yes
3. Buy the best gear you can afford and make sure that you try it on before buying. Even the best and most expensive gear is crap if it doesn't fit properly - especially helmets.
There are so many good brands out there that it would be pointless to recommend something specific without knowing your budget, what kind of riding it's primary for and how you are build.

#5 ·
Thanks for pointing that out .. the vee thing :)

I am 188cm tall and 95 kg.
I´ll be riding 80% tarmac, 20% gravel roads.

Also ...... I really think I need a taller seat, or lower the pegs if possible.
Was thinking about maybe having the seat re-bolstered or getting a new seat from Touratech.
Any comments on that ?

#7 ·
I bought the Suzuki bright yellow riding jacket and I really like it. I haven't had a chance to run it in the rain or in hot weather yet but it sure works in the cold and wind. Still waiting for the pants to show. Bought the shoei neotech helmet. I like it too, but it does fog easily at low speeds. I am new to riding and don't know if this is normal to all full face helmets. I ride with the lens open to the first notch in town but I can close it all the way on the highway. I wish the air vents moved a little more air through them. That's what little I know

#11 ·
2. My advice is to not get any add-ons until you have researched options and this forum is a great source. I got the OEM heated grips (mistake) and OEM accessory plug (not necessarily a mistake but I ended up installing two additional sockets mounted on a shelf on the handle bars thus rendering the OEM socket marginally useful). Point is, I think it pays to be patient and research the multitude of options that may fit your specific needs. I would not characterize it as OEM vs aftermarket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.