StromTrooper banner

VStrom Beaks

4K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  oldsport 
#1 ·
Anybody check out POWERBRONZE USA ? They have several parts including some good looking beaks for VStroms of all years.

#3 ·
It's just a matter of taste. Some people like the beak.

A couple days ago, I told my brother his Vee2 looks ugly with that beak. His response: 'Hope you like the muffler cause that's the only part you'll be seeing on the road'. :headbang::headbang:

#11 ·
Put a BMW roundel on it.

#14 ·
There are two possibilities, one is to keep mud from being thrown back at the rider and the other is aerodynamic, to add down force in front. Whether a beak actually performs those tasks is another story.

#15 ·
And whether they look good is another story, too!:biggrinjester:

I checked out the PB one for the Wee on my phone, so the image wasn't great, but i didn't care for it. I'd take the money and use it on something useful instead. Like a center stand or nice tank bag. Maybe even a fork upgrade.

#18 ·
Just a beemer look-a-like thingie-ma-bob (*&%%#%$#O&^$ to spend your hard earned cash on. BUT this is the good 'ol USA and we are still relatively free to do with our money as we see fit. I say if you want it, get it. It doesn't matter whether or not it does anything. Like the "Fork Brace" that everyone "Needs". 99% of the owners of the Wee never ride hard enough to notice the difference with or without.......................

#19 ·
I actually don't mind the beak but I doubt if I'll ever get one myself. My glee is by far the ugliest bike I have ever had and it is my 24th. Anything that changes the appearance of that front end cannot possibly make it look any worse.

The rest of the bike is okay, it's just that front end I dislike. For me I put on a touratech mesh light guard that disguises it somewhat.

However, I have probably had the bike longer and put more miles on it than any other of the 24 bikes. So, for me, the performance and practicality of the flee far outweighs its ugliness.

#20 ·
Remember how popular tail fins were? I'd say they are roughly the same. Tail fins kept you going straight down the road and beaks keep your front wheel planted -

They are styling - like anything else. Long hair, short hair, hush puppies etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.