StromTrooper banner

Gloves

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  PTRider 
#1 ·
So I talked my son-in-law out of a pair of these last Spring [he works on an oil rig in the gulf]and I've enjoyed wearing them all Summer. I decided to look them up today and thought I'd share. I have the Hi-viz. some of the finger tips are reflective, the palms are red leather and they seem to have protection in all the right places.
R-14 Mechanics Impact
They are the Mechanics R-14
No affiliation I just like 'em :thumbup:

#4 ·
Looks good, I found these at a gas stop in Idaho years ago, they've been my favorite summer riding gloves since. Not as armored, but comfortable.

Caiman Gloves - Primax Mfg. and Trading, Inc. : Multi-Activity Gloves

I have the white goat grain, nice leather.

Caiman Gloves - Primax Mfg. and Trading, Inc. : 2980R White Goat Grain, Hi-Vis Reflective

great tips on inexpensive gloves, how much stretch in that goatskin ?

I have size 3XL hands or larger, I can usually stretch wet deerskin gloves over my hands and make them fit. even 3XL gloves are tight on me so when ever I see in expensive gloves, I hunt for the largest ones and try them on, and do my OJ in a courtroom imitation

right now, I'm on a hunt for new winter gloves, my favorite pair is getting worn are now nearly 10 years old and probably 50,000 miles on them, the throttle side is real thin on the palm, and clutch side is thinner on the fingers

I don't dare buy gloves online, I try on way more that don't fit than I do ones that fit, and to this date, I have bought almost every pair I have ever found to fit me

#7 ·
#8 ·
Ah.....how will any of these gloves do when a driver does something stupid in front of you, and you're sliding along the pavement at 70 mph?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.