StromTrooper banner

Northeast Strommers ride?

5K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  jackpiner57 
#1 ·
How about a show of hands for a northeast ride?

#3 ·
Hey teddyrob66, good to hear from you. I can't believe there aren't more strommers around the northeast that want to participate. I just did a solo ride to Madrid, NY and back a couple of weeks ago. It was a great ride. What part of NY are you from?

#4 ·
I'd be interested in a ride but I'm on the CT shore (Milford). VT and upstate NY and those areas are not somewhere I have time to ride to at the moment.

Upper CT?

--Kevin

DL650K5

G
#9 ·
Just maybe,

Just maybe "if I can make up my stinking mind" about what to buy...F650 DL650... I'd like to join up for a ride this summer...
Live up near Lake George....Great riding up here. Americade shows up every year!

Kutch

#11 ·
Show of hands

Jack, where do you hail from ? I'm in castleton, VT. and I just came back weekend before last from the Ogdensburgh -Massena area. I ride a bone stock Black DL1-K5 & I look for people to ride with. I enjoy the northEast especially the Adirondacks & the Northeast Kingdom. Give a shout :) Another Jack...

#13 ·
Hey - New Connecticut Guy Here.

I will be picking up my DL650 this Friday. Silver/Blue, beautful! After a little time to get used to the bike, I'll be up for a ride.

Just last month I rode to the Berkshries with a KLR650 group, 9 riders. Very Nice! I am not experienced enough to be a lead rider but I don't mind being the "pencil pusher" and assisting in coordinating the ride.

Now I am moving on to the wee and joining the Stromtroopers. I'm excited!

The Adironacks sounds fine to me. That's one of my "places" to ride -along with the Catskills, Canada and then ALASKA, hopefully.

Just throwing this out. Recently, I have been working on a route about 150 miles or so. for Eastern NY; riding up the Hudson river and then back down through the Eastern part of the Catskills. I wanted to make a test run with my cage and my laptop to fine-tune the ride. Does that interest anyone else?

I am not sure how anyone else feels but I usually stay off the Major Interstates. I am 6'1 about 265lbs, size 50 chest. When my chest gets hit with crosswinds, I feel like a sail on a sailboat. But, that was on the KLR650.

Any other Connecticut and/or New England riders around here?

Bruce

G
#16 ·
VMan said:
I'll be at Lake George for Americade (my first time). We're staying at the Escape Campground. Any suggestions for places to go, things to see, etc?
Lots of things to see in upstate!
Other than Lake George theres Saratoga Springs if you like History, Health and Horses. They also have a great Auto museum in the performing arts center...not a bad place.

Saratoga battlefield over in Schuylerville. They put on reinactments at certain times of the year.

Two great places I can think of right off the cuff.

-Kutch

#17 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Sorry, I haven't been paying attention to this post!

Welcome BHazz, looks like a good ride. I agree, no super slabs. Hilly asphalt twisties and gravel roads rule.

VtSTROM-K5, I'm in South Ryegate, VT. The Northeast Kingdom and NH are my playgrounds. I used to live in Waddington, NY and my daughter was born in Ogdensburg! I was out to Schroon Lake in the Adirondacks last week and found some great riding through Ironville?, Eagle lake, and all around Schroon. Castleton is a great area, let me know when you're out this way.

Kutch, I will be going to Americade this year too. Not sure which days yet. Probably staying at Wood's Lodge in Schroon Lake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.